Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Feb 28.... FINALLY!!!

So my Seth has become a budding artist. Crayons don't relly hold his attention too long, but he does like markers. Well, only for about 5 minutes, and he flips out whenever I want to recap them, but he does like the Color Wonder stuff.

What has he always loved? Pens and pencils. And what does his mother NOT love? Finding the evidence on her walls and couch. Take exhibits A & B here..... pencil on my wall, and pen on my couch.


(sigh)

The last couple of weeks there has been a table set up in our church lobby for Baby Burns and I. I guess since Bean will be my second chilc, and another boy at that, I didn't get any shower of sorts. I was a little disappointed for a while, b/c I looked at it as a celebration of the arrival of the baby and not about the gifts, but we won't get into that.

OK~ back to the table! Someone in the church came up with the idea to "Shower" us with diapers. HEY! Awesome! Diapers are a huge expense, so this is really going to help us out. So here is my photo from last Sunday in front of the table.





We had already loaded about 3 or 4 packs of diapers into our trunk before I remembered I wanted a picture taken. I can't have Bean's Shower page in his Baby Book empty!! Its really nice b/c people did a really great job of mixing the sizes, so I have quite a few in Newborn size, 1's, 2's, and 3's. Now, lets pray that we can potty train Seth before we really have to spend twice as much on diapers, LOL!

(Look at me! Weeee! I'm about the size of the table! Ack!)

I think I will plan on having a Meet The Baby party for family sometime in April.

Sooo.... whats new with you? LOL! I have been enjoying Cadbury Eggs, both original and the caramel ones.... mmmm....

9 comments:

~~~~~ The House of Big Cheese~~~~ said...

I think the "Meet the baby" party is a great idea!

Alicia said...

You look great! Love the diaper idea! Save on some money!

Melanie said...

Oh, this is what I'm going through with Ava right now! She actually colored on the TV screen the other day!!! All I can say is "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser"...that thing does wonders!!! :)

What a great idea for the diaper table at church! Definitely something that you can never have enough of, right? I was upset about the whole "second baby/no shower" thing too. Same reasoning as you. It's a celebration of a new little life coming! What's the deal there?!?!

Anyways, you look amazing, girl! I absolutely can not wait for little bean to get here!! {{HUGS}}

Shawna said...

You are nowhere near as big as that table Andrea! You look great! And what a nice thing for your church family to do for you, you can never have enough diapers! We're already starting to stock up here too since no one has mentioned doing a shower for us either!

Anonymous said...

Don't be disappointed Andrea, for my two kids there hasn't been a Baby Shower nor table either. And please, don't be silly, you look fantastic! Nathalie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about the second baby not getting a shower. My husband and I decided to throw a Meet the baby shower after our second child was born...it worked out great! Now with our third, my husband told me he wants another meet the baby party! I don't know if I have the energy to throw that. Hmmm. Anyways, that's awesome for the diaper table. A friend of mine had a shower for her second, but in leiu of gifts, everyone brought meals to freeze...i wished I had that! That way you can still have the shower, but just meals, and I'm sure some ladies won't be able to resist buying some boy clothings, ya know!
~~Shannon

Anonymous said...

I don't think you look as big as a table, I think you look great! Congrats on all the diapers.

Is it time for Easter candy already? Yum - I can't wait to get some Milky Way Eggs.

Mmmm..

Anonymous said...

Cadbury eggs....yummmmmm! Love them! You look GREAT! (not as big as the table!) I keep forgetting to tell you....I love your new blog banner! Beautiful!! Yay for all the diapers!! Meet the baby party is a great idea!! I didn't get a shower for my second baby either. Just doesn't seem right. Poor baby #2. I'm like you. It's not about presents. It is the celebration of this new amazing little human!
So excited for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea, You look great. A bunch of diapers will come in handy for sure. I am sorry you were a bit disappointed about not having a baby celebration but a meet the baby party is a great idea.
Seth and his artwork. Yikes maybe you can convince him to draw on paper jeje.
The days are getting closer and loser to meeting Bean. I can only imagine how excited you are.
Yum-O Cadbury eggs those are my favorite the original ones.
I hope the weather is treating you guys well. We are expecting another snow storm some time tomorrow they say it willbe a big one. Hopefully the last.
Stay warm! Susie H