Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Mmmmmm.... Dreft.....

Yesterday we got the nursery about 90% put back together for a newborn. I also got all of the linens, 0-3 month clothes, and my hosspital pj's washed.

I ordered my Coming Home Outfit from Old Navy last night. It was onsale and a good deal! Except, I just checked and last night they were both $12.50 and not $15! Go me for the best deal!



Top :::::: Pants


Want a good Laugh? I have a sewing machine. Its just your basic Kenmore model from Sears. I got it for Christmas in 2002. I literally used it 2 or 3 times, attempting a quilt. But then Nate cut his finger off, and I put it away... never to take it out of the box again. So it really is in mint condition. Last night Nate got it in his head to try and sew this "thing" (you got me!!) for his rocket he's putting together. So he's reading the Sewing Machine manual like it'll teach him how to use it.... and he was asking me to teach him, but LOL! Its been 4 years, AND, my mom had to show me then how to do everything, b/c It had been 10 years, since Middle School! I couldn't really help him, but he was making me MAD. He kept messing with things, and for some reason the foot was super tight, he didn't even have the bobbin underneath coming up.....

I told him to stop what he was doing and step away. I may not sew avidly, but I didn't want him messing up my machine. I have been toying with the idea of selling it on Ebay, but I don't know if I want to totally get rid of it.

MEN!

So anyways.... I have somewhat of a delimma. What am I going to do with Seth when I go into labor? Our original plan was that Nate's mom was going to come to watch him for the 2 days I will be in the hospital, since she lives only an hour and a half away. Then my mom would come for the week starting the day I come home from the hospital. My mom lives 6 hours away, so she can't get here immediately.

Just about over a year ago my father in law at a serious bout of Peritinitis, and he's been wearing a colostamy bag for the last year. Turns out that he is finally getting his reversal surgery on March 6. Its a serious surgery, and now it looks like I can't rely on my mother in law to come in a pinch. And my sister in law lives 2.5 hours away.... to far, for my comfort, if I go into labor.

What about a church member you say?

Well.... Everyone who's watched Seth before works a day job. And the little old lady who has watched him for a couple hours here and there.. well I wouldn't feel comfortable calling her in the middle of the night, if I needed to.

What am I going to do? Ahh... the perils of being a pastoral couple and no nearby family.

Ideas?

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Was your 1st labor really fast? My vote is bring Seth with you to the hospital if need be and have the far away friends/family pick him up there.

I'm supposed to be having a "scheduled" C-section but there's nothing saying I won't go into labor before then so that is our plan.

I used to work on L&D and with vaginal births you don't want to get to the 'spital too soon anyway. So, you can bring him there with you just in case your "help" doesn't arrive sooner.

Oh, and then just pray it happens at a convieneint time.

Anonymous said...

Love the "coming home outfit". Very nice :)
As for who should watch Seth, I would pick a few people that you would be comfortable watching him, and then talk to them about it. Just come out and say, "Hey, if I go into labor and need someone to watch Seth, can I call you anytime?". Or, you could bring Seth with you to the hospital and he could wait there until your SIL could get there...
Other than that, I have no idea. I am glad that I have family here in town :)
Good luck getting things lined up!

Jody Knapp said...

Your outfit is so cute! I may have to check those out...

We are in the same boat with our DD and baby #2 on the way. Our family lives ummm 22 hrs away! My BF lives 1.5 hrs away and she is due 4 weeks after me, then we have 1 other friend that is close but she has 3 kids and I feel bad burdening her so we'll see. I am hoping for a "scheduled" delivery so my mom can be here.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Are you a screamer?? =) Take him w/ you to be a part of it...

Any of the older teens that you guys work with that could come to the hospital and sit w/ him so he can be there to meet brother as soon as possible or to stay at the house w/ him until hubby can come home and get him or family gets there?

Granted Ethan was 3, but he knew very much what was going on when we adopted sister. Also no giving birth involved, but he very much still remembers our trip to Korea and he had just turned 3yrs old.

Good Luck!!

Kelly said...

Cute coming home outfit! I really like that color too.

I think these are the kinds of things you can plan & plan & plan for but usually ends up not following any of the plans and just working itself out. That's what happened with us. I was scheduled for a C-section but went into labor 2 days before that and since it was a high-risk situation my doctor said "Get to the hospital NOW!" Scared me to death but I had two other kids to think about too. Anyway,it all worked out as I'm sure your situation will too. We know you're creative - you'll think of somethng! :)

Truly Blessed said...

I called one of our youth girls to stay with my kids until my mil could get here. It worked out PERFECTLY. My kids adore her and she's great. (She's also a 23 yr old youth girl...) lol! Just wanted to throw that in so you wouldn't think I left them with a teeny bopper, hee hee! Hope it all works out Andrea! :)