Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Burns' Night Out....

Last nights excursion was a success!




We started a Build a Bear, but there is just so much stuff that once we came to dressing the bear, Seth took off b/c he had lost interest. And silly us! We picked out this cute huge bear with a honker of a nose... but of course he's so big that hardly any of the clothes fit him properly, LOL! When we were preggo with Seth we made him a special Baseball Bear. I was thinking another baseball bear for Bean, or maybe some cute overalls, but the clothes wouldn't fit right, LOL! The Bear ended up coming hom in some tight denim shorts and a blue and green polo with adidas-esque shoes. But I giggle when I look at him, b/c his shorts remind me of a woman who is wearing shorts 2 sizes too small and they show every little curve and detail, LOL!





After that we ran to Target. I tend to like their tennis shoes the best for Seth. They are low-cost and they really hold out against wear and tear. My darling toddler is now sporting a pair of white tennis shoes with blue stripes in a size 8.













We also picked up a super cute newborn outfit for Bean. I LOVE Target's Classic Pooh line, and loved this light tan color. Breaks away from all that blue. What you can't see are the cutie-patootie ears on the hood. Awww!
After that we finally hit Chuck E Cheese, and Seth had a total blast. Chuck the Mouse even made an appearance and Seth ran right over and gave him a hug, it was SO cute.
One thing that really disappointed me, happened to me while I played Skee Ball. A child came up to me and asked if he could "Have my tickets?" I gently told him no, b/c I was winning them for my son (Seth had his eye on a Bob the Builder bulldozer, LOL!) This boy then argued with me! "I can't have them?" He asked in disbelief. "Nope, they are for my son." Then he pouted and took off.
That made me sad.... I really hope that my own children know better than that.
I've gone and overdone it again... feeling lots of pressure today, and I need to take it easy. I also have no motivation, but I have a project I really need to finish, and a project I need to start.
Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

MishSpar said...

Your new banner is so pretty! The little bear is adorable, thanks for sharing that. I have a 19 month old who is all of a sudden getting really bored on the weekends at home in comparison to all the fun she is having at nursery school during the week, so I need a new activity for her and I think the build-a-bear thing will be a fun field trip! Hope you are able to relax today.

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
That is one cute bear. I am glad you guys enjoyed your evening out with Seth. It seems that Seth and Mr. Chucky cheese became friends. Were you able to catch a picture of that hug?
I read yesterdays post and I am glad to hear that mommy and baby are well. You are so close now WOW. The outfit for bean is adorable. I love the old fashion pooh much better then the new version.
You mentioned you needed some motivation since you had projects to get done. Just think that soon you will be on maternity leave with your two boys and you will be able to rest and enjoy time wtih them. Procrastination is our enemy but we all once in a while fall into it's hands.
Hang in there Andrea soon you will all be home.
Can`t wait to meat Bean and find out his name.
Take care of your self.
Susie (aka sunshine)

The Kilps Family said...

Love the new banner! I'm glad that you had a great family fun night! Looks like you made some nice purchases! You're getting so close to Bean's arrival - how exciting! Don't stress too much about procrastination, I have a feeling that as Bean's due date gets even closer, that nesting bug is gonna bite! Enjoy your final weeks of pregnancy!