Friday, October 27, 2006

TGIF....

Last night we went to check out the bunk beds, and they aren't going to work. It's a twin over a full bunk bed. I already have the bedding for 2 twins, and I don't care for that style anyways.

So Nate is going to design a set and build them himself. He's pretty good with woodwork, we already have a pretty hopechest for me, and Seth has his rocking horse and toychest. Bunk beds shouldn't be too bad.

All the plans I've seen on the web look crappy and outdated, so I found the bed I like at PBK (of course ;) ) So I'm going to have Nate model his plans after this bed...


Except, it will most likely be pine and stained pine. I'm really hoping he can have this done by Christmas. We'll see. I don't think we'll attach the ladder till Seth moves up to the top bunk and Baby Boy takes the bottom.

Also, last night Baby Boy was finally kicking hard enough for Nate to feel. So Nate felt our little guy kicking for a few moments. It was so sweet, Nate always gets the goofiest grin on his face when that happens.

We took Seth to the park yesterday for a shoot of him in his Elmo costume. We went on the fitness trail to get the shots and as people ran or walked by they all made comments about how cute he was.

You should have seen me last night when I dressed him in it. I was bent over laughing hysterically! He looked like he was a little Ewok from Star Wars, and that Elmo was eating his head... you'll see when I post some pics!

That's about it.... no real plans today. Except for working on a new kit and watching General Hospital at 3pm... YAY! Laura has come back! And watching Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin tonight!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats on the baby boy Andrea.....how exciting! I can't wait to see what Nate comes up with....I wish my dh was good at woodworking! =) Oh, and you'll love working at The Gap! I did when I was in high school (many mooms ago) and the discount is AWESOME! =)

Val said...

Andrea, that has always been one of my favorite bed styles... very simple and chic. I bet it will be beautiful!

Kelly said...

I LOVE that bunk bed!!! I can't wait to see it when Nate finishes! That is so awesome that he can do that! And how sweet about Nate feeling the kicks!
Can't wait to see the pics!! LOL

BTW... Gap was my FIRST job, I was in HS and I LOVED it. Believe it or not, my husband worked there too (just my boyfriend then ;) ) He worked stock and I had a MAJOR thing for cutesy baby clothes... he would hold certain things in the backroom and wait for them to go on sale REALLY cheap (I am talking like $2!) and then we would buy them LOL!!! Hope you can stock up while saving some money too!!