Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Happy 30th Nate....

Happy Birthday to My Sweet Nate!!!

Today is Nate's 30th. Wow.... we met right before he turned 23. So weird that this is his 7th Bithday we've celebrated. I baked his homemade Carrot Cake last night (his life-long tradition) and I have a store bought Carrot cake going now. I am making carrot cake/ cream cheese/ white chocolate Cake Balls for Youth Group tonight.

I can't wait to him to get home from his folk to open presents and such!

I'll have pictures tomorrow!


****************

Nate's Carrot Cake

2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
2 1/4 cups Self Rising flour
2 TBS salt
2 TBS cinnamon
4 cups grated carrots

Combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat at medium for 2 minutes. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to oil mixture and beat at low for 1 minute. Add grated Carrots and beat till well mixed. PAM and flour a 13x9 pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 60- 70 minutes.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 package cream cheese
1 TBS vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar

Let cream cheese and butter warm to room temperature. Beat them together and add vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread on top of cooled Carrot Cake.

*** tip: I usually buy baby carrots and just put them in my food processor!

****************

THANK YOU for all the reassuring words about Seth's tiny heart murmer. It is comforting to hear them, and I do feel less disconcerted. Thank you again friends!

Have a blessed Wednesday!

No comments: