Monday, October 30, 2006

Sniffles & Sneezies...

Happy Monday readers!

Today is Nate's day off, so when we woke up this morning we headed off to breakfast at Waffle House! It's a half hour drive to the closest one, but I swear they have the BEST ham and cheese omelette and hashbrowns. Nate had regular eggs and hashbrowns, and Seth had a scrambled egg and some grits. YUMM! Thus the reason for my late entry this morning, but this is a treat we only get to do a few times a year.

(sniffle sniffle...... ACHOO!)

Guess who has the sniffles and sneezies? Uggg....me. And being pregnant, there's not much I can do about that. It's not a very bad cold, just enough to be annoying and tiring. At the moment my right nostril is completely plugged. One good thing is that Seth can pratice his "BESS EW!" In Seth-speak that is "bless you", by the way. And he will say it over and over till you thank him. What a cutie!

Seth has learned this nifty trick (insert eyeroll) of taking his diaper off, and leaving his onesie intact! Like u.n.d.i.e.s, I guess. Which leaves me with a delimma... should I leave him be and risk wet sheets, or diaper him up and risk an abrupt end to his nap? I end up diapering him back up, but this has started turning into a daily and nightly ritual, so last night Nate and I tried something new. We wrapped electrical tape around the waist of his diaper. It worked! Hopefully it will continue to do so. Worse comes to worse, I'll have to cut the feet off a pair of his jammies and turn them around so they zip up the back.

(ACHOO! ACHOO!)

Look at that face! Isn't he so handsome! This picture really makes me sigh. I can see the hint of young boy in that face, it looks older than all of his 2 years.

7 comments:

brooke said...

Ok...no kidding...that I have the same diaper deal with Ellie. So please send your suggestions my way (brookeanderson1@mac.com) if you come up with something. Cory mentioned the tape idea to me yesterday :-) Is this a sign of potty training? It just started about 2 weeks ago...she takes everything off. She can unzip, unbutton, you name it!

What a sweet picture of Seth!! I'm sorry you are feeling icky! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

pee pee is the least of your concerns! what are you going to do when he smears the other thing all over his crib?? sounds like it's time for potty training!

my daughter was not even 2 years old when she did the poop thing and that was it - out of diapers THAT DAY!! and we never went back!

you'll be so glad when the new baby comes to have one using the potty - trust me!

good luck to you!! =)

scrapperjen said...

He is VERY handsome!!!!!! Try duct tape on the diaper - that will slow them down for a while.

Anonymous said...

I'm playing catchup on your blog- we spent the last week in NC. I am SO EXCITED that you are having another boy. Having 2 boys, I know what you mean. We didn't find out what we were having with Henry and I still got comments, mainly on how everyone was sure that I must be hoping for a girl- it's inevitable. And now that we have 2 boys (so be prepared for this one), we get the, "so are you guys going to try for a girl?" That really gets me! This little boy is exactly what God wants for your family. Seth gets a little brother, this little man is blessed with a big brother and you get to watch brotherhood in the making.
And watch out at GAP. I worked there for 8 years and it's addicting! When you see items returned that are now being sold for 4.99 and you snatch them up, (my hope chest is pretty full, too!) you'll never want to leave! LOL! I'm not sure if they've changed their policy for seasonal workers, but you should get a discount on maternity, too! And 30% gift cards (makes great stocking stuffers :o)
Comment is long enough- really should have been an email! :o)

Tori said...

Sounds like Potty Training time too! My son was potty trained at 2 years and I think that it is the best decision.. He is doing great..They know when they are ready..

Anonymous said...

Alternatively, get a Halo sleep sack. You can put that on over clothes and zip it up with the zipper in the back. Even my houdini can't get out of that! They even make them with feet holes now if you have a toddler. HTH!

Anonymous said...

sorry you are sick. It's no fun being sick and pregnant. Are you craving the waffle house? I know before you said you LOVED it and were disappointed because there wasn't one closer. hehe
Seth looks so big in that photo. I can't believe how much he grows all the time I swear. It's so sad to watch our "babies" grow up so fast!