Monday, October 23, 2006

The Big Reveal....

This past weekend went pretty good. My mom and I hit the Outlets Friday morning, and she treated me to a couple Maternity dresses for church this winter. She also treated me to a pretty lavender colored satin pajama set and SOFT robe for the Hospital stay.

Then Saturday was Mustang/ Nate's BirthDay dinner/ Reveal Day.

We are still having some problems with our Jetta. Our Engine light keeps coming off and on, and we keep having diagnostics done and we keep fixing what it says to fix, but it is becoming a nightmare. For instance, Friday night the diagnostic said that the 2nd fuel injector is bad, so Nate buys a new one and changes it. Nothing happens, it is still running badly, so Saturday morning he takes it, runs another diagnostic, and this time it says 1 & 3 are bad! WTHeck?!?!?!

Anyways, I digress. While Nate and my Dad are working on the Jetta, the '66 Mstang gets dropped off. You should have seen Nate's face when he came around the corner of our driveway. It was classic!




And just because I think it's cute....


That afternoon we head to the town where our dinner is, and hit the Mall and Barnes & Noble there. My parents drove with Seth, and we took the Mustang. It was so fun! We noticed lots of head turns and stares, and Nate was so proud to drive it, I am so happy that surprise worked out.

Dinner went great. We ate at a Japenese Steak House, where they cook right in front of you. Both sets of parents only get together once every couple years, last time was the first week Seth was born. So that was fun.

Desert came around, and My mom cut the cake. Right before they were all talking about how they think its a girl (Mom & Father-In-Law) Mother-In-Law said boy...

Blue cake is revealed and I sense slight disappointment from my mom, but she was happy enough. FIL said "It HAS to be a girl next time."

Which brings me to my next rant! WTHeck are people thinking?

Sunday at church we were telling people it was a boy, and I got so many "Awwww... really?" or a sag of the shoulders and a "It is?" Uh hello! It's still a child with feelings, not to mention a pregnant hormonal mother! People were dissappointed! And letting me know! What in the world? That upset me....

Anyways, it was a great weekend.

13 comments:

~ashleigh said...

I am so glad the mustang surprise went well, what a fun idea!! And I am totally with you on the nerve of people. Don't let it get to you. They mean well, at least that's what I tell myself. I get asked all of the time if we are going to try again for a boy. Like having two healthy children isn't good enough. grrr....

Angela said...

Geesh! People can be terds, can't they! I still get that..."when are you going to try for a boy?". Stupid people suck.

Glad to hear Nate loved the 'Stang!

Melanie said...

Aww, that is terrible!

I can totally see how that upset you, I would be upset too. This baby is going to be one of the three best things that has ever graced your life, regardless of pink or blue. I don't know how people can be so rude by saying stuff like that.

That car is beautiful! It sure does look like a head turner!

Anonymous said...

I don't comment every day but I still read your blog all the time! First, congrats on the boy! I have to share in my rant with you...in April we had IVF and by God's miracle conceived twins. So many people to THIS day go "Better you than me!" or "God Bless You - you'll need it!" I just want to cry at these comments because people have NO CLUE what kind of situation the expectant parents are in. They have no clue we spent 20 grand to have these babies and without medical technology wouldn't have them. I wish people would learn to shut up if they can't have the decency to say "congrats" with a half smile on their face. So with that being said, "CONGRATS to you on your second boy!" You are so blessed and don't let others comments bring you down!

Jen said...

Sorry people were rude, sometimes people just don't think before they speak! They probably didn't mean it like it sounded. Anyway, I think it's cool that Seth will have a brother to play with and get in trouble with!

Tamra said...

Yay for the mustang surprise! Sorry you keep having trouble with the jetta though :( And, what in the world? Seriously, some people are just so clueless! That is totally rude. I understand how you must have felt, especially since you were kinda hoping for a girl yourself. Two boys will be great and you probably will have a girl next time, but if not - 3 boys will be great! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Nate had a great birthday! It always amazes me the things people say. My sister-in-law has 4 girls and you wouldn't believe the kind of comments that people made in front of her AND her other girls when she told people she was having a 4th girl. Sheesh people, it's a healthy baby, and that is a miracle in and of itself! Keep you chin up and try to ignore those people!!

Anonymous said...

Man! People SHOULD keep their rude comments to themselves! Don't let it get to you! As if! The same thing happened to my sister and let me tell you........
First of all, she is my only sibling and when we found out she was expecting her 1st baby (at age 35) we were over the top! We weren't sure she'd ever have a baby. She was finally having my niece or nephew and my girls were finally going to have a cousin! So awesome! (this was their only chance at a cousin) Anyway, we have ALL girls on our side. Of course we thought a boy would be very cool but either way we were just happy and feeling blessed with this wonderful news. Now, on her husband's side, they have ALL boys. So as she told his FAMILY MEMBERS (yes, I said FAMILY!) that they were gong to have a boy, some said things like, "Oh, maybe next time or one person even said, "I am disappointed. I was really hoping for a girl!" I don't know why people (even family) say the things they do but they can't really know how it sounds or how it makes you feel. Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book, but wanted you to know it happens all the time. Don't let it get to you. Enjoy your pregnancy and the birth of another beautiful, healthy baby boy!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the rude comments. People would act sorry for me that ds wasn't a girl...What the Heck? As long as the baby was healthy, I was fine whatever sex the child may be.

Yay, on the mustang suprise.

Kimberly said...

Hi,

I came across your blog somewhere, I think the Sept babycenter board (my son Luke was born Sept 1, 2004). I rarely read on that one anymore. But I love your photoghraphs, and scrapbook pages. Great job.

Looks like a fun birthday! Congrats on the baby boy.

Kristi said...

Sadly, no matter what gender you were having, you would still get the dumb/insensitive comments. I have a two-year-old son, and just found out that my March baby is a girl. I've already gotten a few, "Oh, you must be SO relieved to know it's a girl and not another boy!" comments, which are also irritating. Beforehand, I would say that I was 50/50 split on wanting a girl versus a boy. As much as I wanted a daughter, I felt like my kids might have a stronger bond if they were both boys. Of course I'm excited to have a girl, but I'm pretty sure that people will never learn to keep their big dumb mouths shut.

Anonymous said...

hi andrea! i found your blog through some other's photography sites via ilp! how cool to find out you're a digi scrapper! I've been away from that scene for about 6 months but coming back soon (tee hee). Wendy Armstrong (aka ScrapNGirl)

Keela said...

Awwww...Andrea, my heart hurts for you! Not because you're having a boy, but because I know exactly what you went through...the "oh, I'm sorry", "Really? Are you sure? You look like you are having a girl.", "Next time..." My third pregnancy was the worst. I seriously was treated horribly. Fast forward to today and my 6, 4 and almost 2 year old boys are running around crazy, driving each other nuts...and you know what? It's perfect! God is good! Your sons will be buds, that's for sure! Hugs and prayers... :)