Friday, October 13, 2006

Surprises & Holiday Cards....

I got a fabulous surprise in the mail yesterday! Katie's (my wonderful digi friend!) boyfriend worked with one of my favorite authors on a book. (got that? LOL, clear as mud?) Her boyfriend was the graphic artist that worked with Jodi Picoult in her newest book, The Tenth Circle. Anyways, Katie knew how much of a fan I was of Jodi's, and she got her to autograph her newest book for me, and she mailed it to me. I got it yesterday, and I am so thrilled! LOL, its like a treasure.

Here's the book if you're interested!


The Tenth Circle

I am so excited to dive in and read what I know is going to be yet another terrific and heart pounding read! Thanks again Katie, you are simply the best! :)

Today I have to get the house ready for Gramma. She's coming to watch Seth for us this weekend, while Nate and I are on retreat with some middle schoolers. Lots of sports stuff and seminars with all the surrounding area Youth. Its always fun. I actually like the Middle School one better than the High School one (in April) b/c the MS one the kids are unconcerned about appearances, so they yell and clap, and they are all in PJ's. The HS one, it all about "cool" and a fashion show, KWIM?

I am also excited, because it means daily Starbucks, and a trip to the Mall with some cool girls, LOL! I am looking for something Christmasy for Seth, so I can get his Christmas Cards done early. I just saw that if you make your Holiday Card Order BEFORE 12.01.06, you can take off 40% at Winkflash.com. Use the code RT43WE87.

I am totally taking and using Jenn's JOY idea. You can see her Card HERE. I've already ordered the Letters from Pottery Barn Kids, and I need to get some black fleece for a backdrop. Once I get everything, Holiday card shooting shall commence.

This was our card last year.. and it was a big hit~


free image hosting

OY!!! A nekid baby just ran by..............

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Well, first I was all ready to say "woohoo!" on that book surprise, because it is very cool indeed. And THEN I was about to say, "WOOHOO!!!" for daily Starbucks because, well, because daily Starbucks is probably just a hair shy of nirvana. But THEN I saw your Christmas card from last year. I have tried and tried and tried to do that for at least the last 4-5 years! Care to share your secret? :D

Kelly said...

I just read my first Jodi Picoult book a couple weeks ago - The Pact. I loved it! I'll be looking for more of her stuff! Any especially good ones I should read?
The JOY card is very cute! I had a friend do it last year for Christmas and I stole the idea for Valentine's Day using LOVE.
Have fun on your retreat! I agree -middle schoolers are so fun! :)

Stephanie said...

Jodi Piccoult is one of my favs too! I read this one a few months ago. I'll be interested to read your review once you have finished it. :)

Heather Heinzer said...

I LOVE that Christmas card!!! I may have to try and steal your idea for this year!!
And how cool is the book! AND daily Starbucks! You ARE a lucky woman!!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't get much better than....STARBUCKS EVERYDAY! WooHoo!
Enjoy your time at the retreat! Adorable Christmas card!

Penelope said...

Thats neat about the book!! I love your Christmas card from last year too...I would love to know how you did it too. Thanks for the heads up on the sale at Winkflash and have fun at the retreat!

Margie said...

How exciting about the book! Totally understand the Jr Hi vs HS thing!! Hope you have a fun time :)

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the book, what a great friend!!

I love your card from last year!! I also like your (stolen) idea for this year. Infact I think I am gonna steal it. I have 3 childrens so it will work out perfect!!!! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm a huge Jodi Picoult fan too and it is so cool that you got an autographed book. I need to run out and buy that one. Can't wait to see the Christmas card you come up with!