Monday, October 09, 2006

30th Birthday Planning....

SPOILER ALERT NATE! Don't read ahead if you are married to me... ;)

So Birthday shopping was fun on Saturday. The weather was gorgeous... so gorgous for this time of year here. The temp was 75* and the skies were so clear. Nate had gone up to his folks to help his dad do some work around their house. So I thought I'd take advantage and do a little Bday shopping for him. He turns the Big 30 on Wed. the 18th.

First I ordered this cute Bday set from Oriental Trading.... LOL!


For those of you that don't know... Nate is a big Poison Dart Frog Breeder. I have a basement full of tanks and beautifully colored frogs. Nate also sells them on the side, you can see his site here... Jungle Jumpers.

You can also see more pictures of our frogs HERE. Scroll down to March 27, Digi-Gal of the Day post!

So anyways, since it is a milestone Bday for the man, I wanted to get him a nice big present too. He has been eyeing these frogs for some time, so we decided to go ahead and get 3 of them. They are really pretty in real life. The bronze part is metallic!


So anyways, on Saturday I packed of Seth and we headed for the Grove City Outlets, and there I picked Nate up a sweater and button down shirt from the Gap, and a game each for his PS2 & PSP.

My parents are coming for a visit the weekend right after his Birthday, so I made reservations at a Japenese Steak House for all of us, and Nate's parents that following Saturday night. Its is going to be so much fun, it is the kind of place where they cook right in front of you.

My favorite surprise is this..... Nate's FAVORITE car is a 1966 Ford Mustang. A man in our church restores them and sells them afterwards. We are in no way shape or form able to get one for Nate yet... (maybe when he turns 40, LOL!) But this nice man has agreed to let me borrow his personal and prized burgandy '66 Stang for the day. Nate is going to get to drive it all day, and wherever he likes! I CANNOT wait to see his face when he sees the car pull up to the curb on that Saturday!

So there you go! Off to get ready for my 16 week appointment with my OB. An update on that tomorrow! Happy Columbus Day all! And Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love thoe Oriental Trade frogs. I hope your birthday party surprise goes well.

Amy(krh)
Doodleboogs @SOTB

Carrie Stephens said...

oooh such pretty frogs!!! i bet he will be thrilled with that car suprise!! how cool!! wish i could think of something fun like that for my DH!

Hope you had a good appointment at the OB! :)

Jenn :) said...

LOL Love the spoiler warning!! :D Those frogs are SO cute!!! They look so real...wow :)

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Miss Andrea!!! :D (((HUGS)))

Jenn :) said...

LMAO Oops!! That shows how much of a dork I am...no wonder those little cuties look so realistic :P heehee ;)

Angelina Schwarz said...

Oh my, Andrea. I had to save Nate's site to my favorites. I'm going to have to keep an eye on my hubby. He's going to go nuts about those frogs. He's been talking about doing something like this with Ben for six months, but didn't know how to get started... I sense a Christmas gift coming...