Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday, Thursday.....

I am so happy with the response to reading this book together! I gave everyone a month b/c its about 700 pages long, and some of read faster than others, some of us have busier lives, and such. I think I'll reread mine during the camp my DH and I have to go to in later July.

Also, I should say that there are some racier parts and there is some language in this book. It is a secular novel. And you will find it in the romance section... but I have read they put it there b/c they didn't know where else to put it. It has many elements, but it really creates a new genre all on its own. Also... if you are in the UK. I think the Bristish version is called CrossStitch (don't hold me too it...).

So I did say I was going for Masters, right? LOL~ I think I did. I am kicking some behind on my LO's, if I say so myself. Except, I've never been so picky! I have already redone one LO, and am thinking of tweaking another. I really should just print these suckers out and send them in before I stress myself out completely.

It is finally sunny today. I am going to take Seth to the park and walk and play a bit. If it stays nice, I am going to dress both Nate and Seth up and finally get those pics I've been meaning to take, out of my head and into the camera!



Does this mean I spend too much time in front of the computer? LOL~ to the left you will see a portrait of me, drawn by the hubby. Oh-so-flattering, is it not? Thats my desk at which I work! You can see my photog books on the upper left... my Mud Pie teapot in the middle. My slightly too small flat screen. LOL~ don't you feel as if you are really in my home? I knew you would!

Happy Thursday all!

*Ciao Bellas*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are right - the book is called 'Cross Stitch' here in the U.K - just looked for it on Amazon and ordered myself a copy. Can't wait to start reading as the reviews sound great! There seems to be other books in the same series. Is this book the first one? I don't want to start reading out of order!

Anonymous said...

That picture is hysterical! Go, Nate! So, was this what he was doing during the chat?!?! LOL...his wife was busy with us digi girls, so he drew her instead! lol. This book sounds great! Can't wait to start it!

Truly Blessed said...

lol! Omgoodness... that is something that dh does to me ALL THE TIME! (not neccessarily on the comp but randomly, lol!) I always save em, too... ;)

Amanda said...

Love the portrait! I am trying to figure out what he drew it on. lol! I wish we could see the layouts you are making for Masters. But I guess I will just have to wait for the Masters issue of the magazine! :)

Anonymous said...

So...I've been away the past 3 weeks and your blog has just been a treat to come back to read! :) I'm drooling over all of your new kits- seriously talented woman you are, Andrea!! :) That book looks awesome too- might have to try and pick it up! Also just wanted to say about that copy cat business....WOW, I just don't get some people- why would you copy someone's work and give it away as a freebie? Just doesn't make sense- plus yours is 1000x better anyway! :) Hope you have a great day!!!

Christine said...

HAHAHAH I absolutely love the picture!! hehehe At least he took the time to draw something for you. If SĂ©bastien would draw something for me.. I probably wouldn't be able to make out anything from it.

~ashleigh said...

First off, love the pic! I am sure my family can relate, lol! And good luck with Masters, I am sure you will blow them away! Also, I really enjoyed the chat the other night. I got some great tips, and the bookclub sounds like fun! I am off to grab myself a copy.

Shelly G. said...

My sister is picking up the book for me tonight! I can't pass up a good romance novel!!