Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bedroom Search...

So we need a new bedroom set. We have outgrown what we currently have. Actually... we outgrew it within the first year of our marriage.

See, what happened was, right around the time we got married 5 years ago, my wonderful, and since have passed, great-grandparents moved into a nursing home. Nate and I were able to inherit their beautiful antique bedroom set. Its not quite a full 4 poster, but it does have some tall spindles at the head of the bed, and some shorter ones at the end. However... it is a Full size bed. We also got a nice big chest of drawers and a vanity with chair, with only 4 small drawers. To finish it off we got a beloved small side table. So needless to say, these are family heirlooms.

However, 2 adults have a very hard time sharing 1 chest of drawers... and did I say the bed is only a full size, LOL?

I went through my preganancy with Seth in that bed. And yes, Nate stayed with me... and my 2 body pillows!

Here is the kicker.... we also inherited the original mattresses. I know, I know... OLD. Yet, still kinda comfy, in a hard comfy kinda way.

So like I said in my very first sentance... we need a new bedroom set. I am for sure keeping what we have, as a guest suite set, or for any future daughters. We have been sort of looking around, but everything didn't have any character to me... it was all factory pushed out stuff... and we were in nice furniture stores!

Until last night.

We walked into a Bombay Store, and there it was. The bed of my dreams. In the store, it wasn't draped in the way of this picture, but rather a couple sheer panels hanging to the floor from the head of the bed. (sigh) So beautiful! And you know what?!?! Mr Nate... Mr, "I like more modern- straight-boxy stuff" agreed with me that this was the bed!

Now, Nate had me all excited for about 10 minutes last night... I truly thought we were about to place an order. Then he dropped the bomb. Not right now. Not today. But we can get it... just in a couple months once we finish paying off my camera and our anniversary rings.

Besides, we don't have the queen mattresses yet. My parents want to give us a set for both our birthdays, and mine isn't until August. AND! The manager at the Bombay Store took my name and number, and promised to call if and when a really great sale started.

Now I just need to decide with Bedside tables to get. I want us both to have one, and for it to actually store things. So it's between the bedside tables that are actually in that particular bedroom set~ Exibit A

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Or just another type they have in the store....Exibit B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am really digging the curves in the 2nd one... WDYT?

Off to shower, and to 2 Open House parties!

15 comments:

Dale said...

What a fanatastic bedroom set! I love it. And you should get the curvy one. It's elegant, yet still fun. Fabulous :)

Anonymous said...

That bed is gorgeous and I like the 2nd end table with the curves. But, I would HIGHLY recommend getting a KING sized bed if you have the room for it. MUCH much better than a Queen. It's heavenly!

Deena said...

Ummmmm yea, completely jealous, because our bedroom is in our basement, and will never have a four poster bed.....sigh......Oh well!!

Its absolutely gorgeous, and i like the second table!! :)

Rachel said...

I love the bed! My DH pointed out the same bed, but we already have a king-sized mission style bed that is less than 2 years old. :) And I like Table #1 better...but I see I am in the minority on that one!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this bed is gorgeous! What a great great choice!

Amber Joy said...

I totally know what it is like to sleep pregnant in a full-size bed, but I'm really curious as to how you did it with 2 body pillows!?!?!? and, love the bed! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous choice! i am jealous! :)

emily said...

I actually have this bed and I have to say that after three years(it was a wedding gift) I still love it. It goes with all kinds of bedding and is very classy.
Good choice!

Anonymous said...

Definitely the curves! That is a beautiful bedroom set, and I'm so jealous!

yan jun said...

i like exhibit A better... suits the bedroom set more i guess~~ i love the 4 poster bed... u seldom have those in SG... sigh..

Phyllis Renée said...

How fun! The bed is absolutely beautiful.

Julie Jewels said...

Beautiful bed set!! I love Bombay Company!!
I like the first end table better!

Anonymous said...

i just found your site... love it!

Laura said...

Gorgeous! I like the second table, although it prolly won't hold as much if you're wanted to use the drawers.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! I like the curvy table myself...just a little more personality, I think! Oh, it is so pretty! Color me green with envy, girl! ;)