Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I have really been enjoying rading Vanishing Act by Jodi Picoult! I find myslef engulfed by her story and drawn to the charcters. I am never disappointed by Mrs Picoult! She has a way of writing... her stories are so heartfelt and unordinary, but her words are so beautiful, the imagery written, an art unto itself. I find myself dog-earing pages just for quotes to use later... like:

"I can't imagine anything more terrifying than losing Sophie. When you are pregnant, you can think of nothing but having your own body back again: yet after giving birth you realize that the biggest part of you is now somehow external, subject to all sorts of dangers and disappearance, so you spend the rest of your life trying how to keep her close enough for comfort. Thats the stranges thing about being a mother: Until you have a baby, you don't realize how much you were missing one." (pg 7)

This story is incredible! The main character is a Search & Rescue woman, with hound dogs that helps find Missing Persons. Turns out that she herself was abducted as a young child. Jodi Picoult always writes such complex stories, Like in Plain Truth, where they find a murdered baby on an Amish Farm, or in Saving Grace, a young Jewish child who talks to God, or The Pact, a murder/suicide gone wrong, or one of my faves, Salem Falls, a man finally gets out of jail, just to be wrongly accused of the same crime Again! Her titles often have double meanings. If you want a fabulous read, check her out!

Here are a couple more pics of Melissa & I from the other day~


See Seth being a stinker, LOL! Poor kid has outgrown his shoes, so last night we ran to the mall looking for some. Two pairs, tennis shoes & brown leather ones. Can you believe that we couldn't find a single pair anywhere in the entire mall? Again I was so frustrated that there was hardly any boy stuff. We ended up finding both pairs at Target, for a total of $25. Not bad! But still! They were both in a teeny tiny section on a bottom shelf in the only boy isle, where the girls' had isles and isles. Urgg!

Oh yeah!! The Digi Chick is now open with its fabulous Makeover! Go See It!! It looks so great! With the help of the lovely Robin Laura's vision has come to fruition.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look like you had a good time! Well Seth didn't look to happy.lol I totally know what you mean about boy shoes. I think the world just assumes that everyone only has girls, because we always have the hardest time finding anything for the boys. You go to Old Navy and they have like 2 walls of boy clothes and like 10 for girls. What is that about? lol Women do have boys too!:)

Boyden-Hull PTO said...

I found my way to your blog from 2Peas -- I saw you had a preview of that new kit. Anyway, I was skimming over your stuff -- and saw the post about Vanishing Acts.

I just finished Jodi Piccoult's book My Sister's Keeper. Seriously, run to get it. Now. It's so so good. I think I've read almost everything by her, and this one was one of the best. And I see you're a mom too -- there are some great quotes about motherhood and just how much we love those kids!

Funny thing about Vanishing Acts. My name is Greta, and since my name isn't common, I always get a little charge when I see it in print. Except here, it's a dog's name. Figures. :-(

Margie said...

Great photos! I am excited about the new shop-looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea,

I'm going to start this one, just finished The Tenth Circle which comes out next Tuesday YAY! Ooooh and it ROCKS! Just wanted to let you know, I passed your blog post on to Jodi and she thought it was really cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Isabella is such a cutie! I'm glad Melissa was able to spend some time in the States. Tell them hello for me. Hope all is well. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I second, " My sister's keeper." It is great :)