Friday, March 10, 2006

Gettin' Chili In Here...

Thanks somuch for leaving me some comments yesterday! Sometimes my insecurity gets to me and tells me that no one reads or enjoys my blog. Which is based on nothing! Thanks for your kind words and de-lurking, LOL! I hope I didn't come across as snarky yesterday when I wrote that, I looked back, and realized that it might have sounded worse than I intended! So THANKS again!

I am waiting patiently... one of my good friends is currently in labor with her second child, and I can't wait to hear whether its a girl or boy...

Update on the twins~ they are still doing fantastically! They are slowly gaining weight, 1 of them is over 3.5 lbs, the other right under. Their alarms are also sounding less frequently. The most awesome news I heard this week, is that Kim was finally able to nurse one! She has been so diligent in pumping, and her reward is now starting to pay off! I have seen pictures, and these girls are so beautiful!

Not much is happening here today or tonight. I do have to run out later and get everything I need to make my Crockpot Chili. My church is having a Chili Cookoff tomorrow, and I have entered. I do make a mean chili... and the funny thing is, is that it is so frighteningly easy! Here is the recipe, if you are interested~


Crockpot Chili

1 lg diced green pepper
1 lg diced onion
1 lg can tomato juice
1 can tomato paste
1 lg can kidney beans (I usually use 2 reg. sized cans)
1- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
5 TBS chili powder (or to taste)

Brown beef with salt and pepper and a dash of chili powder. Mix all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low till heated through, or about 2 hours. Add beans 1 hour before serving. Serve with grated cheese on top.


I have been craving (CRAVING) some Boston Market and some Waffle House! Hopefully I can talk Nate into taking me into one or the other this weekend. He'll probably go for the Waffle House, we both adore Breakfast out. And they do make the best Ham & Cheese Omelettes and hashbrowns.

I think I will leave you with this LO of Seth~ what a joy he is, how beautiful he is!


An April Day kit, by me, at The Digi Chick

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your layout and just letting you I read and enjoy your blog!!!

Julie Jewels said...

What a beautiful layout! That picture is so bright and clear!

Anonymous said...

The layout is so cute! I love that picture of Seth!!! And I am soo going to try your chili recipe. I love chili and haven't had it in a while.
You know I always read your blog! I don't think you came off harsh or anything. Not to many people leave comments on my blog, and sometimes I wonder why I even do it. But I don't think I would say anything, I wouldn't want to scare the few readers I probably have off. LOL Who knows maybe someday I will just to see who all is reading afterall!:)