Saturday, March 11, 2006

I Won!

Can you believe it?!? I got first place in the Chili Cookoff! Fabulous! I had a great time, I spent most of it showing off my scrapbooks. There is a lovely woman named Ruthie, who is an avid paper-scrapper, and she was very open to what I was showing her. She complimented my scraps and asked if I could teach her a few things! YAY! I told her about how there are some paper scrappers who hate digi scrappers, and she was like, "why?" Its all about preserving the memories and making our photos talk!

I forgot to mention earlier, but Nate and I are finally the proud owner of our VW Jetta! We finally paid that last stinkin' payment, and we got the deed in the mail this past week! How exciting! And a small burden has been lifted from our shoulders a bit. Havn't gotten to Waffle House yet... Monday morn (Nate promises!)

WDYT of the new header? I love it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you new header. It's so pretty...esp w/you in it :)

Congrats on the little chili competition!

karen (Hom74)

Anonymous said...

I'm coming out of lurkdom to tell you the header is fantastic!

And congrats on the chili contest -gonna have to try your recipe some time.

Anonymous said...

I love the header! Looks awesome! Congrats on the chili cookoff. Wanna make me some? I love chili!!! And how great that you paid off your jetta! It's always good to have that debt off your back!
Hey, I know you wanted to know if people were looking at your blog. Fish scraps now has a digi blog ranking. I have it linked in my blog, go check it out. Then you can see all the people reading it!

Anonymous said...

The new header is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on the chili cookoff, that is so exciting! Goodness knows I will never win a cooking competition, so I am in awe!

Anonymous said...

How exciting that you won the cook off! I'll have to use that recipe some time. I love homemade chili. I also love the header!

CD said...

you are so pretty any header with you on it would look nice! but I really like the feel of this new one, really nice!

~Melissa~ said...

Love the new header! WTG at the cook-off. Man you're just having a heck of a year! Makes me wonder what else is in store for you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE NEW HEADER!!! :)

and way to go on teh chili contest! woot!

Margie said...

Your new header is gorgeous!! I love the paper and your picture is great!

Congrats on the chili cook off~how fun :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah!! Did you get a blue ribbon? Congrats on being the proud owner of a payment free car!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your new header!!!