Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Playtime...

I was originally trying to take pics of Seth pointing to his belly button (a new milestone in this house). But he was more interested in playing, so I went with the moment. I adore how these turned out, they are the essence of my child. In the last one, he is LOL b/c my foot was on the front of the trike pushing him back. I am proud b/c I was able to cognitively control the settings... I knew to overexpose some, I was able to get these angles SOOC, I boosted my ISO to capture them quick! These images really remind me of Tara Whitney's style, but I wasn't consciously trying for that. TFL!

Nikon D70s, 50mm, F:2, ISO 500, 1/125







... and my favorite...


and please tell me when my baby went and got all growed up on me?

I have been needing some new jeans. Isn't it funny, that as women we own multiple pairs of denim... yet we only wear the same 2 or 3 pairs we love over and over? That's me anyways. Last fall I purchased some Gap Curvy jeans. Wow. Someone finally got the smarts to make some jeans that curve around the hips, and wait get this, smaller in the waist. Shock! I mean.. isn't that how most women are made? At least this cubanita is! Ok, off that tengent, I love those jeans! They are dark, with a crease down the front, so they make me look slimmer and taller, and b/c of the waist, I am not gaping in the back, nor hitching them up every few steps. (I hate belts b/c they make shirts pooch out in front... so not flattering.)

Anyways! I just ordered this pair of Gap curvy from gap.com They are a lighter color, and have just a tad distressing, which I love! I ordered them in an 8. The only thing is... I am not currently an 8, I am more of a fluffy 10, b/c of winter, and well, ice cream and chocolate! LOL! Don't worry though, or shake your head, b/c what you might not know about me yet, is that I am a runner. Its just too cold up here in Amish Country PA in the winter time to get outside. So in the next week I'll be back running 3 or 4 miles a day, 3 or 4 times a week. I'll be in those jeans, comfortably ('cuz you know I can still get in them tightly, now, LOL). I have also picked up some iof those Special K cereal bars, along with some Light Yoghert for my lunches.

Remember how I couldn't find dressy stuff for Seth? Well, I also picked up this sweater for him for next winter. I'tt be so cute with a white button down and some khaki's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those jeans are cute! I am the same way with jeans, have tons only wear a couple. lol All mine are from Old Navy. Only because Gap jeans are too long. I am just too short. lol And I love that sweater for Seth! He will be cute in it! And those pictures are adorable! I love his big smile! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Look at that handsome boy on his little bike! Soooo CUTE!
BTW...one of my favorite places on earth is Lancaster, PA. Don't know if you are close to there...the "amish country" phrase reminded me of that.
And...CUTE jeans Andrea. I'm a GAP long and lean kinda girl myself. But I'll have to check those out....might fit my bootie a little better.

Sinead said...

Love the photos of Seth. I love the one where he's looking at his shoulder and his face is just partially turned forwards. The one of him laughing is priceless, too! Great job!