Friday, March 31, 2006

New Glasses, New Frames, New Scrap, Oh My!

I went to get new lenses for my glasses last night, its been about 4 years, and things were too blurry. Except, apparently plastic dries out over time, and they said that my frames might break.... we had to get new frames and new lenses **choke**! Expensive! I am not even sure that I 100% love them... Good thing I have a 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee.

Glory! I can see though! I ended up with a frame very similar to what I used to have. I don't like nose pieces, and these plastic frames don't have them... they are an oh-so-fashionable dark brown. I'll try to get a pic soon, like when I have a bit of make-up on... no need to scare away the couple of readers I do have, ROFLOL!

Except, I don't have the band anymore, LOL! Right after that, we dropped it off at the jewelers, b/c my white gold needed re-rhodium plating. 5 yrs old, and it was looking a bit yellow, and it's going to be cheaper than I thought! Only $25.

And I saw what I want for my 5 Yr anniversary.... want to see?


Its a bit expensive, and my annivesary isn't until May 26, but I hear it calling my name! Its at Helzberg Diamonds, if you all have any of those near you. I have dropped so many hints to Nate... so here's to hoping! ....(sigh) ....so pretty!


Credits: Sweet Renewal kit, a gift along with the new March/ April Digital Memories Magazine. Century Gothic Font.

I scrapped! Aren't you proud? I used one of Alicia & Butch's new pics, along with DMM's new kit. Which, BTW~ it is This Close to being done! Like in a day or so! I am so excited to see it, the team worked so extra hard on this issue, and it's so fabulous!

Tell me this isn't the cutest thing? Look HERE. ValGal from TDC is going on a Missions Trip to Bangladesh... and her son has offered to auction off his 2 front teeth to donate for the cause. Isn't that sweet! More info at TDC HERE.

And since I just showed you a pic in the above scrap.. I'll only spare you 1 other pic today, LOL!


Have a HAPPY FRIDAY!

8 comments:

Julie Jewels said...

What a gorgeous ring! What does the middle stone signify? Anything or is it just purty? LOL
Gorgeous layout! Love the strips of paper next to the photo!

Angela said...

That ring is gorgeous! I need to start dropping a few hints to Andrew about getting a ring for our anniversary on April 21!

Andrea said...

to drop a hint to the dh's would have to entail dropping an anvil on their heads with a note, a pic of the ring, and directions to the jewlers!!! lol!!

know how you feel on the glasses, but i cheated. went to the eye dr and found the frames i wanted, ordered them from ebay for $17 (not $197 from dr) and had new lenses for $105 put in! TAAADAAA!! hehe...i cheat! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love that ring! Great scrap too...those papers are so pretty. I guess DH and I should get more pixs together.

karen (Hom74)

Lynds said...

I love the layout, the photo is gorgeous, and I love the beautiful papers you picked to go with it. That ring is just stunning, jaw dropping beautiful! I bet the glasses look great on you, its hard to get used to something new on your face, if your husband likes them on you, then you are good to go, they arent as critical of us as we are to ourselves. :)

Melissa Ives said...

Beautiful! The ring, the layout (with that kit!) and photos! Early congrats on your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ring - come on Nate!!!! Baby needs some bling :)

I looooove what you did with the kit and the photos (of course) are incredible.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to bother you, but your page came up when I was searching for rhodium plating in the Pittsburgh area. Could you please tell me where you got it done? I live in Indiana, PA and I haven't found a jeweler that can do it. Thanks
Jess
jessicaerich@gmail.com