Friday, March 17, 2006

Dumplings Anyone?

Husbands, well really, MEN for that matter are funny creatures! If asked, Nate will kill any bug for me. He'll change the grossest diaper, clean up dog vomit, change the oil in a car, and even the occasional load of laundry. As soon I ask him to clip Seth's nails, you'd think I asked him to eat poop or something, LOL! His face cringes, and he just will not do it. Isn't that funny? He'll handle Poison Dart Frogs, but not touch our son's toe nails. What's ironic is that he will cut our dog's nails. Men!

Yesterday Nate had a meeting all day in Pittsburgh, so as a treat he brought hom take out from our favorite restaurant PF Chang's. (I have a link for you to click on to the right, under My Faves) It is DELISH chinese bistro. Before we had a baby, we literally ate there every 3 weeks, I can't get enough of it. We had Chang's Spicy Chicken, Shrimp Fried Rice, and Spring Rolls. We also tried something new, the Peking Dumplings... wow, just burst of beautiful flavor on my tongue~ they are pretty much Pot Stickers, and SO freakin' Yumm!

We watched Just Friends on DVD last night, with Ryan Renolds and Amy Smart, and it was so funny. I actually LOL many times~ I completely reccomend it! Tonight we are going to watch Walk The Line.

And, Lastly... the last pic of this week's series. How darling is this expression? Its just to die for!


Some recent LO's~

Journaling Reads: Before I had you, I lived carefree and very selfishly. Then one day... you were here, and my life changed forever. Your softness, your sweetness, the tenderness of your pat... how could I not love you forever? How could I not respond to your call or your cry? Now I live... before you it was surviving, now its living. Whether you are woofing at me, or asking me where the ball is, my day isn’t complete without us, being just that... US. You are my buddy, you are my son, most of all, you are my heart.

Scraplift of Kim's In My Daughter's Eye's LO, seen HERE

Credits: Mostly from Carrie Stephens Sunset Skies kit, lots of other elements from her other kits, Holly McCaig's number 3, and knotted bow. Sara Carling's Craft Paper. My letter B.

And here is a LO featuring on of my fave pics of Seth, and my new kit Charming, at The Digi Chick. Click HERE to get it.

Charming Kit by Andrea Burns at The Digi Chick

While you are there, be sure to check out the new DeZine. Fun stuff inside! (free kit anyone?)

12 comments:

Melissa Ives said...

I love your layouts! They are so sweet! Your blog is becoming a regular read! Your photography is very inspiring...Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yum!! Our favorites are the Orange Peel Chicken and their lettace wraps!!

Owner said...

the layouts are just so gorgeous!! i love your work, it's just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

LOL...Matt has never cut Ella's fingernails either. Maybe I'll ask him to just for fun this weekend. PF Chang's is great, but you have to wait a minimum of two hours to eat at the one near us so we rarely go. I have loved your photos of Seth all week, and gorgeous layouts too!

Anonymous said...

We also love Pei Wei which is the "fast food" version of PF Changs (same company). You will really enjoy Walk the Line!

Tracie said...

Andrea - I am so loving this series of pictures of Seth! Gorgeous colors!!

~Melissa~ said...

Dumplings are the best! PF Changs are incredible but nothing beats the real thing! You need to come over here for a visit. Hmmm.... I could eat them every day... dipped in Chinese Spicey Vinegar. I'm drooling. LOL

Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Andrea, your color is amazing on your recent photos....are you doing anything to make them pop or is that color SOOC?

Jen said...

Love your pictures this week and these are WONDERFUL LOs!! Your blog is a new fav. of mine :)

Anonymous said...

girl, i'm so with your husband. i hate feet. ick.

just wanted to say that i love your layouts! very nice.

Julie Jewels said...

That's too funny he won't cut Seth's nails! I know my DH won't because he's afraid he'll cut the boys (they're 6 and 2!!) so that's my job. Come to think of it, he won't do their ears either..
Man! I'm so suggestible! Now I totally want PF Changs!! Those dumplings sound delish! And I second the nomination for Pei Wei!

Now I definitely want to see Just Friends! We picked it up last night but put it down for Prime (with Uma Thurman and Meryl Streep. Great movie there too!

Love your layouts! So beautiful! I picked up your new kit just yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Yup! Gotta agree with PF Changs! YUUUUMMMM-O. Todd took me there on our 2nd date actually...and I can remember it perfectly! When we lived in Salt Lake City, our apartment was literally across the street. Definitely got my fill of lettuce wraps. DELISH! :)