Thursday, January 19, 2006

One Cold Night...

Our furnace broke last night, so we hade a full night and morning with no heat. Talk about miserable! I couldn't sleep b/c I was cold, and I was so paranoid that Seth was freezing to death... the furnace guy JUST finished installing a new blower motor, so the house is rising back to liveable.

We had this for dinner last night, and it was so *YUMM* So I thought I would share~

One Pot Pasta

1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tsp veg oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 (26 ounce) jars Tomato-Basil pasta sauce
1 cup water
1 TBS dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese

Brown ground beef in a Dutch Oven over med-high heat, stirring till it crumbles and no longer pink. Drain, wipe dutch oven clean.

Saute onion and mushrooms in hot oil over med-high heat 8 min, or till tender. Add garlic and saute 1 min. Stir in beef, pasta sauce, 1 cup water, and next 3 ingredients.

Bring sauce to a boil: add ravioli. Reduce heat to med-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or till pasta is done. Stir in cheese, serve immediately.

YUMM! And it feeds us 2 or 3 times!

And WHAT was up with LOST last night?! I was loving the tension between Kate, Jack, and Sawyer. Know what my theory is? Other than last week's theory that they are all tripping on Heroin?

I think they stumbled on to the Island Survivor is taped! Didn't you hear they guys say "Its OUR Island" as the torches go up? I swear I also heard "The Tribe has spoken~ you've been voted off"

LOL!!!

OK, seriously, I thought that the torches lighting simultaneously was weird... like maybe the Other Man had a remote and did it all himself... and as he backed away turned them off...

Hmmm...

tonight is my debut... and my stomach is just rolling about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea you will be awesome! Congrats on your new designs!! Katie K

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than being cold while you are trying to sleep. I'm so glad you got that fixed today!

That recipe sounds soooo yummy! I'm going to have to try it!

And I'm sure your debut will be AWESOME!!