Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Insomnia




I am an insomniac. Always have been. I just lay in bed for hours waiting for my restless mind to finally drift off. And then in the morning, when I have to get up... well its not pretty, and its such a vicious cycle. Its almost 2:30 am now (hey Melissa~ what time is it in Hong Kong?) and I don't see the finish line quite yet.

Nate and I went to see Narnia, The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe. (another shout out to Melissa~ Remember our first double date to the AT? I was reading TLTW&TW on that trip...) It was EXCELLENT! It never fails to amaze me how much symbolism for the story of Christ there is in it. CS Lewis was a brilliant man! I loved the little actress who played Lucy~ very compelling and genuine. There was this one scene in the beginning where mothers were evacuating their children to safety, and they couldn't go along, so all of these small children are on this train, and the platform is full of weeping mothers... It Just Gripped Me! There are some things I just did not fully understand, until I became a mother to my own son. Anyways, this movie is a MUST SEE!








Our Pastor at church had sermon notes this past Sunday, and basically, I got my inspiration for these pages from those notes. I need to do one for myself, but LOL, when you are behind the camera, thats kind of hard. So I guess a Self Portrait is in the schedule sometime soon. Have I mentioned lately How much I LOVE my new camera? LOVE IT! It does all of the coolest stuff!

Whelp, off to ed to try and sleep again. "Night all"... Or actually, "morning" to some!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie Girl!

Loving the new pages of Nate and Seth! You are so talented. I still love my page of seth and teagan bums. Sigh. It all goes so fast, doesn't it?

Angela said...

I agree about Narnia. WONDERFUL movie!

Can't wait to see your stuff at TDC!

Jason Mitchell said...

Andrea - I am amazed at how much smaller the blogosphere has made the world! It was great seeing you son. What a beautiful child. And Nate - looking good.

Tell him hey for me.

I will keep tracking your site to stay posted.

So keep writing!

Shannon Bieger said...

I adore those LOs. So beautiful. And it sounds like that sermon was a stellar one.

I'm so looking forward to seeing Narnia. I haven't read the story since I was about 6 years old so I never realized the religious subtext until I was told as an adult that it was in there. I'm so excited to see it because I feel like I'll be hearing the story for the first time. And hearing your review is making me antsy to get to see it finally!