Monday, January 15, 2007

Preggo Pains....

Pregnant in my third trimester, things are NOT fun anymore. For one things, the baby likes to push down on my bladder. Here I am sitting unaware, and BAM! Extreme pressure on my bladder and I am desperately trying to not have an accident, until the baby lets up. For two, I have become very uncomfortable. I can't get a decent breath, my back is achy, and I am constantly trying to find a good position to get comfy in. But its doesn't happen, because this heavy baby shifts to which ever side I am entertaining. For three~ it is a Party in my Pants come 10 pm, and Bean parties ALL NIGHT LONG. For four (will my complaining ever end... LOL!) the last two nights I have been up till 1:30 or 2 am, because our bedroom is stifling hot, and my husband has been snoring. Nate disagrees about the heat, as he's cuddled under the quilt. No kidding though, last night I was so hot, I had to get up and walk around to keep from getting "physically sick."

Needless to say, I am very tired this morning.

My mom just called and told me the most interesting piece of info, ie. boys and potty training. She was talking to some of the moms of boys that she teaches with, and they ALL told her that boys tend to PT later, around 3 or so. Then one teacher told her that she read somewhere that boys don't physically feel the need or sensation to pee as early as girls do. Isn't that interesting? It would explain why Seth would pee on the potty, declare to be done, and literally come to me a minute later saying "wet... wet." And indeed wet.

Food for thought, 'eh?


Credits: ScrapArtist Simple Pleasure papers and lace. Michelle Coleman's Chelsea's Dream flowers, Lighter Shade of Pale stitching, and her Hand Stamped Alpha. Nancie Rowe Janitz's Bleached Linen's buttons. Katie Pertiet's Grace kit Trim. Debbie Knorr's Bent It photo templates. Fonts: Pea Jenny & 1942 Report.

The pics are of my dad (in Cuba 1957), myself (in Peru, 1981), and of course, Sethro (in PA, 2006)!

Journaling reads: They’ve always said that you looked like me. Imagine my surprise when I found an old picture of my father. I see a whole lot of his young face in your features. Then again, no one can deny the resemblance between us either.

And.... the finished product of my purse! The blue looks a bit brighter than it does in real life, but you get the idea! I LOOOVE it!


Have a good Monday everyone! I know I'll try to have a better one!

9 comments:

sjford said...

Hi! (lurker here!!)But I wanted to share my PT'ing experiences with you!
I have THREE boys and I started PT'ing #1 at 2...it was a disaster! Lots of messes to clean!He didn't "get it" until he was almost three. As for #2, I waited until he was ready...it was one month before his third bday...no messes to clean, no frustration...he just went on his own!
As for #3, he is not old enough yet (17 mths) but I am going to go the same route as #2....when he is ready...he will go!! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! And you still have a few months to go. Henry was like that- he was a partier so much in the womb that I wondered when he slept! Thanksfully he's always been a very peaceful baby!
And I love the purse- very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

How old is your little guy? I tried potty training my son way to early and it was a pain in the butt When I waited until he seemed ready it was a lot easier and seemed to just happen. Also they say its better to wait until after you have the baby so they dont "regress" because they are seeing the baby has diaper and they want the added attention to so when you do it you can make a really big deal over what a big boy you are now, you dont need diapers, you get these cool big boy underwear now. etc. My son will be 3 in feb and goes all day in underwear without accidents but he still is in diapers at night because he will pee the bed otherwise. Good luck and sorry for the unasked for advice! lol

Angelina Schwarz said...

I've heard the same thing about boys training later. It's definitely been the experience in our house!

Sorry you're feeling so crummy lately. I never "did" pregnancy well, so I know where you're coming from. And, I always got sooo stinkin' hot, too. When I was pg with Ben, I was opening the bedroom windows in February, while Kurt was shivering under the comforter, lol.

Anonymous said...

My son did not potty train until he was three. I had my little girl as he was turning three. I think that is a good age to try.
I love that purse! I want one. I sent the link to the paper princess website to my hubby as a gift idea. Lol.

Have a good evening,
Angela

Theresa said...

I feel for you! I only made it half way the third trimester with my twins and it wasn't any fun and I spent all of it in bed! I can only imagine what you're feeling being up and about, taking care of Seth!

Yes, boys tend to potty train later than girls. My boys were just shy of three when they announced they were too big for pull-ups and Mattea was just shy of two.

Bretta said...

Wow! I can't believe you are in your third trimester already. Where did the time go?? Hope you get some sleep tonight. My third was like a linebacker practicing for a championship game...no rest! I must have a princess purse now that I've seen yours!!!!

Kimberly said...

Love the purse.
Seth does look like your father, how cool.

Kelly said...

Dom turned 2 in November and I still don't even want to *think* about PT'ing LOL... although if I were pregnant right now I might be thinking about it as well ;)

I LOVE that LO! What beautiful pictures and just wow!!