Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bear Cookies

My mom has been making us Christmas Bear Cookies, and my sisters and I have been decorating them every Christmas, for as long as I can remember. It was one of the traditions we had that all of us loved and enjoyed. And now I'd like to share it with you! :)

****************

Teddy Bear Cookies

1 to 2 rolls refrigerator sugar cookie dough
decorator icing
m&m's, sprinkles, other various candy

Preheat oven to 350*. Cut dough in 1/4 inch slices. Use 7 slices for each bear. On ungreased cookie sheet arrange as so:



*feel free to right-click and save the diagram picture for future reference.*

Bake 12-14 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet 3-5 minutes, remove and cool completely.

Decorate as desired.

****************

There you go! Super easy, and of course LOTS of fun, especially for the kiddos, LOL! We made them last week, a little late. Usually we do them before Christmas, but this year it got away from us and it was actually New Years Eve! This was the first year Set really actively participated, and he actually ate more icing and m&m's than decorated, but it was still fun and I still think he had a good time.

















You can decorate them however you like. Seth's is holding a present, mine held some flowers and had earrings, my mom's had a complete sweater set on, LOL! And I do suppose that they don't have to be specifically "Christmas." I guess you can make them whenever and decorate according to whatever... like Easter? Anyways, I just wanted to share one of the Lopez Family Christmas traditions with you, and I hope you enjoy!

****************

Well, I am really excited! I'm off today to go get a 3D sonogram of the Bean! I never had one with Seth, so this will be so different and exciting! Let's hope Bean is still a bean... I've been preparing for him that way, LOL!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very cute idea! I bet you could make them as bunnies for easter. :)

Melanie said...

Those cookies are adorable!!! I love 'em! :) Definitely something that Christian would get a kick out of making.

Seth's room looks GREAT! Such a "big boy" room!!! I'm sure that he just loves it.

You're going to love the 3D sonogram. It's absolutely amazing the detail you can see. We had a great shot of Christian's face on his, but that darn Ava wouldn't turn for the life of her! (Giving me problems SINCE then!) LOL... Can't wait to see it!

Take care!

Oh, BTW...I started a blog!! YAY!!! Finally. Check it out here if you want! http://melanielemonyr.blogspot.com/

Theresa said...

So very cute!! I'll have to remember this for next year. After I find a good gluton-free sugar cookie recipe though. Still in search of one.

Joy said...

what a great idea... I will have to make these when my grand daughters come down.

Kimberly said...

Oh, so very cute!

You could definatly make these anytime, and I think we might. My kids will love it.
We always make sugar cookies on holidays, but the bear will be really cool.
Thanks for sharing.