Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Beautiful Baby....

I had my 30 weeks appointment yesterday, and everything is completely normal, completely fine. I passed my Gestational Diabetes test, which I thought I would.

I've gained a total of 30 lbs, which my OB says is fine... but is freaking me out. I now weigh 5 lbs less than Nate... ACK! I must try to eat better the next 8 weeks and not gain as much.

She commented that Bean was "big" but nothing to worry about. I go back for another sono in 4 weeks to check on the breech position, but she says he still has plenty of time to turn.

I asked about the chance of tearing, and she said that there is less chance I'll tear this time around. 1) I'm a bit more stretched out since having Seth and 2) she doesn't think I'll have to push as long this time around. (I tore up both sides inside, and had to push for an hour and a half with Seth. He was only 7 and a half pounds.) It was a big relief to hear, but I am still skepticle.

Oh~ and she is NOT changing my due date. I thought maybe she might since Bean was measuring ahead. When I asked her about it, she said that the 7 weeks sono is the most accurate. There is a big difference between a 7 week baby and an 8 week baby. I guess that makes sense, b/c of lung development and such... So March 20th it still is! I am now seeing her every 2 weeks.

Potty Training was fantastic on Monday. Only 1 accident all day. Yesterday.... not so much. He had 5 or 6 accidents, 1 of them being poop. I got really frustrated at about 6:30 and threw a diaper on him for the rest of the night. I wish I hadn't done that now. I'm going to give it the rest of the week. If the lightbulb hasn't gone off by the end of the week, I very may well just wait till he's 3 in September. When I was coming down the stairs last night I dropped our brand new timer. DOH! So now I really have to watch the clock like a hawk and run out to WalMart later.

These are my first real nice shots from my new D80! Seth is still loving his big boy bed, and we are too! I can't get over how easy the transition was! Western PA is notorious for poor light and rain, so when the sun popped out 2 morning ago, I took full advantage. Regis and Kelly started their Beautiful Baby Search yesterday, and I went ahead and submitted the first photo.







Nikon D80, 50mm, F2

Have a great Wednesday!

12 comments:

Amy Covey said...

That first photo is adorable! Love the colors in his room.

Deena said...

Good luck with the potty training, hopefully it goes well, i know when i was potty training the twins i watched last year, i would get so frustrated, one day they would do great, the next day i was doing tons of laundry!!

That first photo is awesome!! Good Luck with the contest, i havent decided if im going to enter or not...

Angelina Schwarz said...

Great photo! What a cutie! Good luck with the beautiful baby contest and with the potty training! And, oh, I FEEL your pain with the gloomy PA weather!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, with Jack I pushed for 25 minutes, tore internally AND needed a snip (my Doc was great about evaluating before cutting, though)- couldn't sit straight for a week, literally. With Henry I had to wait to push for 4 minutes (for my Doc to get there) and he was out in 2 pushes, minor tear that was nothing! Jack was 8.11 and Henry was 9 pounds. I bet Bean's deliver will be great! I'm praying this for you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh don't give up so fast on the potty training! This is huge for the little guy! Give him plenty of time and encouragment. Are you using a rewards system? Charts always work in our house! Keep up the good (and sometimes dirty) work. Trust me, it'll be a lot easier to do now than after number 2 comes.

Tori said...

Hey girl..keep up the great work on potty training!!! Dont go back to diapers. If you have to, keep him in underwear during the day and a pull up at night. Going back and forth will confuse him. Take your time, and try not to get frusterated..yes, this is coming from a mama of a almost 3 yr old..I potty trained my son at 2.5 yrs. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, but it will work and YALL will get through it! Just keep being CONSISTANT..that is KEY.

Sara E said...

oh my...thank you so much for the link to regis and kelly...I just submitted a pic...I guess we can try every day if we want...I didn't see any restrictions about that.........all of Seth's pics are adorable...they always are

Simple Digital Girl said...

Oh, Yay- March 20th is my B-day if little bean is born then so he will be a very lucky boy!

I am also trying to PT Arthur and it is hard. He just decides he wants to pee on the floor and he brings me little gifts in his hands. YUCK!

Some good days and some bad and he is a little older than Seth.

Casey said...

I usually just lurk here but the potty training stuff brought me out. :) We started working with our son when he was 2.5 years but it was a full (and long) year later that he decided he was finally ready. Once he was at that point, there was no turning back - it was diapers one day and none the next. Literally.

My daughter though (23 months now) is 90% trained...which she has done all on her own. She tells us, we help her. She started all this about 13 months of age. It blows me away and I am just letting her go at her own pace.

That said - I think it really varies child to child and from my experience, and the experience of many friends, most boys just take longer. It's usually age 3 or 3.5 when it finally happens for them.

Good luck!

Veronica said...

You have such a handsome boy!! And you are such a great photographer!! All of your pictures come out so vibrant. I loved all your Christmas pics.

Anonymous said...

oh such cute pictures...

Anonymous said...

Wow, these photos are gorgeous!