Monday, January 08, 2007

BBB & Potty Time (Am I Crazy or What?!?!)

I cannot get over how well Seth has transitioned to his Big Boy Bed. I had nightmares from listening to different people that there would be a struggle keeping him there... that we'd see his face at 3 am.... LOL! But he has done really, really well. He doesn't fight it, he actually welcomes it. And he stays put. One time, during one of his naps I heard a toy go off, and by the time I got to the door, he was already half up in bed, LOL!
I think he was so used to us coming to get him from the crib that it extended over to the BBB, b/c he waits for us to come get him out of the BBB too. I can't believe it!
Last night he stayed awake in the bed for a while, but at least he's stayed put.
Today marks another big day.... we have started to Potty Train! He has all the signs of readiness... why not, KWIM? Keep your fingers crossed for us please! We are doing the cloth Training Pants, every half hour potty time approach.
A Special Request!!! .......If you still have your Dec. issue of Parents, I'd love to have "The Best Baby Names" story out of it. I accidently recycled my issue before tearing it out. If you are going to get rid of it, I'd love to have the story, torn out and folded to mail is just fine! Just leave me a way to contact you, and we can talk addresses. THANKS!!!
ETA: I've got the article coming now, so don't worry about it anymore! LOL! THANKS!
Here are some pics of Seth sleeping away in his BBB!! I can't get over what an easy transition this was for us!!!
Story time with Daddy on the first night.
And now... napping....



By now, MANY of you have heard about those fabulous Princess Purses over at Paper Princess. I got one for myslef and for my lovely sister in law, before Christmas. I finally got around to making some inserts for the purse, and I can't wait to get them and show them around town! I'll sport the blue one until Feb, and then sport the Valentiney one!



Michelle Coleman's Merry LIttle Christmas papers and snowflake pin, all you need is love trim, Nancie Rowe Janitz's frosty flourish, and Holly Jolly felt swirl and snowflakes. Traci Murphy's photo frame.



Everything from Michelle Coleman's All You Need Is Love kit and Traci Murphy's Photo Frame.

Ack! There's the timer... its Potty Time!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Our son did really well with a big boy bed too - like he didn't know he couldn't get out of bed until we came to get him! Congrats!

Sara said...

Andrea, Seth looks so sweet sleeping in his bbb! And your purse inserts look great. I would give you the article you're looking for but I guess I get "Parenting" not "Parents"... sorry, hope you can find it!
Sara (BBC Sept 04 Mommy)

Kelly said...

I think I may have the Dec. Parents. I'll have to look again. If you can't get it this way you may try checking at the library. They probably have an issue you could photocopy.

Anonymous said...

Yea!! So glad it went over well (the BBB). My oldest had to be moved into a BBB when he started climbing out of the crib at 20 months old! So it wsa natural for him to climb out of the BBB too! We had to put a gate at his door so he wouldn't get into stuff while we were sleeping! LOL!

Christine said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What a big boy!!!! He's so adorable!

I want a purse too!!! Not sure if they ship to Canada though! I'll have to ask you to make the insert for me. hehehe Your inserts look GREAT!

Melanie said...

Your inserts are GORGEOUS for your purse!! :) Love them! Boy...Seth looks like such a big guy in that bed. Ahhhh...they grow up so quick, don't they!?!? Good luck with the potty training! I hope it goes as easy as the transition to the BBB! :) Happy Monday, sweetie!

~ashleigh said...

What adorable photos of him sleeping in is bbb!!! Good luck potty training!! We are a week in with Natalie (using a similar approach) and are doing well!!

Theresa said...

LOVE your purse inserts! Too cute! Good luck with the potty training. But if he's ready, it should be a piece of cake.

I had to LOL at your BBB story. My boys at 3-1/2 STILL show their faces in our room at 3:00!

Angelina Schwarz said...

Awww! Seth looks so adorable in his bbb! There is NO WAY Meggie would stay put, lol. We've tried and she won't do it! :O We ended up putting one of those tent things up on her crib, lol.

Good luck on the potty training! We're in panties full time now, here, and it's such a relief! Just keep it fun for him! :D