Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Six Flags: Kingdom Bound....

As you can tell, from my lack of posting yesterday.... we had a BLAST at the Six Flags: Kingdom Bound event. We actually left Sunday night, and spent the night in a hotel. Monday morning we got up and headed to the park. All day we (OK, really meaning the kids and Nate) rode rides, mostly roller coasters. I, sat and waited with Seth. That part of the day was long for me. You would be surprised with how many rides had No Pregnancy signs on them, warning you of the risks.
But I did risk it once. I did get on one ride that said No Preggos.
I dared my luck on the Carousel.
Looks real dangerous, 'eh? LOL! Seth though it was the greatest thing ever, he just laughed and laughed.
All day we kept seeing people covered in Blue Frog stickers and tattoos, and carrying these blue frog T-shirts.... and of course since Nate breeds these frogs, we were looking everywhere for the booth/ tent.
Late in the afternoon, we headed over the the Marketplace, where many Christian colleges, organizations, and vendors were set up with their wares. And there it was! The Blue Frog table! They explained they are a web hosting site, and we explained how we have a basement full of them... and they might call us later for some real frogs! We walked away with stacks of stickers, tattoos, and free T-shirts for all. Awesome. Nate is planning on giving some of that stuff away the next time he has a show.

Some of our kids, having a great time :)


Seth zonked out in the hot afternoon. He rarely falls asleep in public, but this time he couldn't resist, LOL!

After dinner we all headed over to the concert pavilion and had a great time listening to Audio Adrenaline and Casting Crowns. I didn't know this but Audio A is on their last leg, and will be retiring soon. The lead singer's voice is medically deteriorating. You could actually hear it while he sang, it was hoarse and raspy, and actually came in and out a couple times.

Casting Crowns was fantastic. They really are one of my fave Christian Bands, very worshipful, and meaningful lyrics. I was a little sad we couldn't stay for the whole concert, b/c we decided to leave at 10 pm... knowing we had a 4 hr drive ahead of us.

Concert pavilion

Rides in the sunset

Seth expressing his delight and being silly :)

Nate and I took turns driving home, and we arrived home at about 2 am. We were exaughsted. We both slept in till 10 yesterday, but I was still too tired to do much of anything all day, thus the no post.

I did go get a trim last night, and my bangs cut back up. All those girls at the top, plus a couple more not pictured... we are talking of cutting our hair together for Locks of Love this Christmas.

Thanks for taking a peek!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you had a good time!

Emilie said...

Love your new banner Andrea!!! Seth is such a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! It sounds like so much fun, especially the concert. DH and I went to a Jars of Clay concert earlier this year and they were awesome live.

Brittany said...

With Audio A retiring...it's like the end of my youth. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh that's so sad! I love Audio A!! The lead singer got up on a chair next to me while he was performing at an Acquire the Fire event a few years back. They're great!!
Glad you guys had fun! Sounds like a great trip!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Glad you had fun!

Keela said...

Oh wow...I didn't realize Audio A was retiring. :'( I'm lovin' those Larry Boy hats the kids have on! My boys would go nuts with those. LOL! That picture of the park at dusk is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like you are having a great time in those pictures. Pheww, you are sooo brave for trying that dangerous carosel ride (hehe).