Thursday, August 10, 2006

ideas.....

Did you know that it is my birthday in 13 days? And I have NO idea what I want for it. Nate keeps asking... and the best I can tell him right now is the new Elsie Flannigan Scrap Challenges book.... I mean I guess I can ask for a few maternity things, but ick. That means I have to go along to pick stuff out, and then pretend not to notice Nate paying for it, LOL!

I dunno.... any ideas?

I had been wanting some seamless paper for a backdrop for photography... but I dunno.... LOL! I don't have any bites for my business. The wedding consult decided to hire elswhere... it would be kinda big to store (and not to mention also expensive).

So I'm stuck. No ideas. What would be really awesome would be a Sony Viao laptop... but yeah I am completely dreaming!

Nate is taking today off and he is currently doing manly things in the garage with Seth. I heard the words "rotate tires" and I zoned out.

I am working on a kit, and have finished the papers, just need to do Embies and Alpha.

Has anybody been watching America's Got Talent? I am so happy that All That made it back into the Finals last night! I totally think they should have won the first time around over the yodeler. I think their routines are fresh and contemporary.

And HOORAY for Josh Blue! Awesome!

Alright Blog Peeps, enough rambling for Andrea today. I hope you all have a great day!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

About getting "bites" for you photography biz: girl, are you advertising? I mean, make an attractive glossy flyer and distribute! Like, my OBs office has a bag of goodies they give new OB patients with that kind of info in there. They have a table with pamphlets too. Or, maybe pedi and OB offices will let you advertise by putting your photos up as "art" on the wall with your business card. Find some preggos and take pics of them (for free?) then you can expand your business. Borrow some other kids to photograph (even though Seth is darling) so it looks like you have bunches of clients on your website.

Go to bridal shows or give your name to places where people have weddings...that's how I found my photographer. You could even be a Burns family package deal: minister, photog, and ring bearer! :) Go to theknot.com for your area and make up a screen name then when future brides say, "I'm looking for a photographer" you can say, "Oh...Andrea Burns is great!!" Those kind of things...

Just some thoughts. You're very talented and business will be booming before long. Happy early birthday...hope you find out what you want and get it!

Anonymous said...

first. i love the header!

second. i was happy for josh blue, but though tyrone was funnier.

third. i hate trying to think of gift's for myself. you could always do what my sister does "if you don't know me well enough with out asking, then i'd rather have nothing" hehe, my poor bil.

4th. i love the idea of Seth and Daddy doing manly stuff in the garage together. those are some of my favorite brady and justin moments.

lisa

Anonymous said...

hmmm, did you know that you can order maternity clothing from gap.com and oldnavy.com and return in the store (as opposed to only mailing back orders). I worked for gap inc for about 8 years and bought all of my maternity duds there! I even have a pair of black leather pants! LOL! Just a thought since he could pick out some fun stuff for you and you could return them because "honey, they just didn't fit properly" if you don't like it! hehe Good luck coming up with some ideas!!