Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Recap....

Pregnancy Wise:

I've been feeling OK. I've been really fatigued, and my gag reflex has been acting up. Haven't thrown up or anything, but its still kicking in. It's especially active when I'm brushing my teeth! Weird!

I had my 2nd OB Appnt yesterday. I've gained 3 lbs in the last 4 weeks (ack!). Heartbeat was great, 168 beats per minute. So far faster than Seth.... My blood pressure was 94 over 66, and thus provoked Nate to ask me "Are you sure you're alive?" LOL! I just have lower blood pressure.

My Dr. was actually out delivering (again!) So I actually go back in 2 weeks to see her.

So, I must walk more and eat less. I thought I was doing OK... but apparently not!

There are a couple things I forgot to mention yesterday in my mattress tirade. First was my birthday dinner! Nate and I had a great time. I LOVE PF Chang's, if you haven't heard me mention this already ;) If you've never been, but know of one near you, GO, I say, GO!

We started with Shrimp Dumplings, pan seared, and with the Spring Rolls. Then I ordered my favorite, Chang's Spicy Chicken, and Nate tried a new dish, the Better Lemon Chicken. Seth shared all of this with us. We finished with the Great Wall of Chocolate Cake. One piece, and between the 3 of us, we couldn't finish it! It was GINORMOUS. It was also rich and decadent, this huge slice of chocolate cake laying in raspberry sauce. YUMM!

And do you want to now something funny? In church on Sunday morning, another couple walked up to us, and invited us to eat there again this coming weekend! LOL! I said SURE! We'd LOVE too! I can't wait (again, LOL!)

Second: You know that Nate is a Youth Pastor. Well, numbers have dwindled a bit this summer, which is to be expected. Sunday night was awesome though! We had 25 kids come to Youth Group, and there were lots of new faces! It was a great night, we had fun, and Nate had a good message. Afterwards Nate and I had planned a Back To School Cookout at our house. Most of them came back to our house and ate lots of hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and brownies. When we were done eating we played a rousing game of Battle of The Sexes, and everyone had a great time! Nate and I were really encouraged by this, and we hope to see it continue... especially the new faces.

There are a few schools in this area, and most of them started Monday or today. There is one last school that doesn't start till next week. Other than that....

Nothing much new here. I'm stuck at home all day waiting for the delivery men and the new mattress. I made egg salad for sandwiches today, and I am honestly looking forward to lunch, LOL! I think this afternoon Nate and I are going to Lowe's to look at paint swatches, so he can paint the bedroom this weekend before we head to the beach.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband's a youth pastor too & things always seem to pick up when school starts. The kids start inviting their friends--awesome!

Anonymous said...

Summers are always slow; in youth and "big church." LOL! So glad you had some new faces- that's always exciting! You guys sound like excellent Youth leaders! And don't beat yourself up over 3 pounds. That's not bad at all!

Anonymous said...

summer's were always slow for youth. Too much warm weather to have fun in. I like hearing about your life. I love hearing about your scrapping life, too, but the everyday is more fun. My husband has started a youth group here in Kosova, and he is excited for all the little things. He has 5 guys, so 25 sound AWESOME! heehee

Anonymous said...

First off: oh YUUUUUUUMMMMMM! We used to live right across the street from a PF Changs ("Changers" and we like to call it. LOL) when we were first married. Todd actually banned us from eating there, I wanted it so often. :) And NOW he won't go anywhere else if I want Chinese. We were so spoiled.
Secondly: Three pounds in 4 weeks is NOTHING! Seriously, I say eat up and enjoy every single bite. I didn't gain an ounce for the 1st trimester with Olivia....and then I gained 35 POUNDS in 2 MONTHS. LOLOL Whatever! You can work it off after. :) Love ya Miss Andrea!

Anonymous said...

When I am pregnant brushing my teeth is always weird too. I always gag and I hated it. LOL
I still need to try PF CHangs, but the nearst one is an hour and the cheesecake factory is there! LOL Hard to choose!