Monday, August 28, 2006

Pillowtop Evilness...

A few posts back, I titled my message as "Pillowtop Goodness." Truth no more, I dare say. I gave it 6 days for the memory foam to work wonders and send me off to the Land of Nod peacefully and serenely.

I hated every night. I felt like I was sleeping unevenly. I felt like since we had decided to move from a Full size to a Queen size, this mattress was a moot point. I felt that it hindered that extra space. "Stuff" of mine was sunk further than others, and turning in my sleep was a chore.

So this morning we returned said mattress. Thank goodness for a 30 Day Guarantee. Then we went to the local Mattress place (same place we bought the Low-profile boxspring) and looked around. And laid around. And laid and looked some more.

I found one that I liked. It is called the Sealy Firm Plush. It is a firm mattress, with plush quilting on top. It is NOT a pillowtop. We ordered it, and it gets delivered tomorrow, and these people will haul away the old Full set. This was our last option... b/c these people don't take back returns.

Want to know something else funny? This huge mess saved us $100. Why such a mess? Well, I had also bought a new quilt for the new bed, and the Quenn didn't fit the Pillowtop. So I had to exchange for the King. And since the pillowtop was taken back, and the new mattress is more normal sized, I just had to exchange it again, back to the queen!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That is it above... Its from Linen & Things, and I love it. On the small pillow I had our monogram embroidered. If you can't tell, Burgandy is the main color, my favorite. So anyways, thats the mess. I pray to God that it's finally done and over with!

Off to the Baby Dr. for a check up! Details tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate it when that happens- you think you're "set" and something comes up. We just bought a new rug for our living room and it was delivered with a huge slice in it, probably from shipping. Hope this one works out for you! And hope that Baby Burns #2 is doing well, also!

Julie Jewels said...

So glad you were able to return it and find something you like! I'm sure you'll be happy with a firm mattress! And I love that quilt! It's gorgeous!

Oooh-can't wait for baby news!

Anonymous said...

We have a King Koil Memory Foam (not a pillowtop though) and it is the best!! I never knew I could sleep so good. I don't even have to roll over during the night because no part of me gets sore! Too bad the one you got didn't work out for you. Hopefully you'll love your new set.