Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me.....


Happy Birthday to me! A nice big round number of 27. 27? How the heck.... where did the time go? Is 30 really looming closely now....?

Wednesdays are kinda cruddy days to have birthdays, b/c Nate has to work, then there is church tonight. So we are celebrating this weekend. Haven't gotten a card or a present or anything yet... well OK I take that back, Nate got up early to make me french toast, so that was very nice! :)

(the pic to the above left is last years birthday picture... I am holding my traditional Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake.)

Last night we bought the Low Profile boxspring, and the bed looks MUCH better now! So we were taking back the first boxspring and the store didn't want to take it back! They were arguing that it was a set we bought (even though we knew we bougt them as seperates) So we went back out to the truck we had borrowed, and I said, we need to talk to the managaer. Turns out we were right, they were seperates, so we were finally able to return the first. PHEW!

Last nights sleep was still "OK" I think I just have to get used to it... I'm giving it a couple more nights.

Nothing much to do today... I thought I'd give myself a mani/pedi. Nate is cooking his Cashew Chicken for dinner, and thats about it.

Here it is... one of my faveorite dishes... even better so, b/c Nate cooks it, LOL!


Cashew Chicken

2-3 boneless chicken breasts
1 egg white, lightly beaten
4 TBS cooking wine or sherry
2 tsp cornstarch
3 TBS vegetable oil
4 green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 TBS finely chopped ginger root
1 TBS soy sauce
1/2 cup cashew nuts

Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes. Mix together egg white, half of cooking wine, and the cornstarch. Toss chicken in this mixture until evenly coated. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan. Then add green onions, garlic, and ginger, and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining wine, soy sauce and stir well. Add the cashew nuts and cook for 30 seconds. Serve over hot cooked rice. green onions opt.


If any of you are interested... I posted my sister's engagement ring (they broke up, she's stuck with payments) on Ebay.... LOL! Look HERE.

ETA: this is not the same sister as the one with the truck and dog... I have 2 sisters, and the one with the pictures is married. The one from above is a county sherrif and still single. Thanks for the question Julie!

16 comments:

Julie Jewels said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

27? Egads!!! I'm 10 years older than you! I feel incredibly old right now....LOL
I'm sure Nate will do his best to make your birthday a good one! Midweek bdays do suck though! =P

I'm so glad you got the boxspring thing worked out!

Gasp! Is this the sister you were showing us pictures of? With the dog and the truck? Oh no!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrea!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

Mrs. Burns said...

Oh no Julie! Different sister, LOL! I have 2, the one you are referring to is married. The one I am referring to is a County sherrif!

~Melissa~ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jen Caputo said...

Happy Birthday Andrea!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day and party this weekend. Where does the time go?

Carla

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that my friend found Voyager, in hard cover, at a garage sale for 25 cents! I'm so addicted to these books now, thanks to you!!

~ashleigh said...

happy birthday, Andrea! I hope your day is wonderful!

Emilie said...

Happy Birthday Andrea!! I'm a Leo too!! hehe I hope you'll have a great day!!! :D

ymA said...

Happy birthday! Mine is right around the corner. 32 ::sigh::

Amy(krh)

Jody Knapp said...

Happy Birthday! Mine was yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Andrea!! Have a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - don't say 27 is old cos I'm turning 27 in Nov! That ring is some major bling! That Cashew Chkn sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Your card is in the mail. I was a little late sending it out. :( Sorry. Hope you've had a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! I'm 10 years older than year so you can't be getting old!! Hope you have a great day.

Darla said...

Happy birthday Andrea (a day late but I "birthdayed" you yesterday at TDC!) ....hope you had a good day....and I have to smile at 27 - I am errr, a few, err I mean a lot, older than you! It's not so bad just you keep forgetting the exact years after 40! :)