Friday, August 04, 2006

Seth's Charm....

The Outlander chat last night was a big hit! We chatted favorite scenes, pronunciations, our hubbies compared to Jamie ;) , theories, and us veterans gave away a few spoilers to the ones who hadn't read past 1 or 2 yet. We also talked who we'd love to see play the characters in a movie.. it was fun!

Other good news~ Scrapbook Trends Magazine (the same one publishing my layout in Oct) has contacted Laura at The Digi Chick. The article author has requested one of my kits (City Limits: Uptown Chic) to feature in an article and as a mini-album in the Nov issue! Awesome! Its great Publicity for me, TDC, and for Digi! Very cool! The mag is a bit hard to find, I had to go to my local Scrapbook Store to get it (Couldn't find it at Walmart or Barnes and Noble). I liked it enough to order a subscription this morning, so I also won't miss all my stuff getting pubbed.

Todays agenda~ the park and I have to get to Sears to buy more Vaccuum bags. We are out and the floor is ick!

Yesterday I finished a kit near and dear to my heart, and I LOVE it. Its one of my faves! I can't wait to scrap with it! Seth's Charm~


Seth's Charm is a kit inspired by the boyishness my son exhuberates. I wanted to create something masculine, vintage, and yet classy, in colors sure to suit all of the men in your life. Included in Seth's Charm are 8 textured papers, 3 twill, 2 tags, 2 fasteners, brass tag, button, hinge, hinged photo frame, medallion, word art, and stitching. Also included is a full alpha and numeral made to look like stamped typewriter keys.

You can find Seth's Charm at A Cherry on Top, right HERE.

Seth has really taken off in his love for Elmo! He recognizes the Elmo's World song and comes running in yelling "eh-mo, eh-mo!" He also loves to see Elmo on his Pampers and laughs at him. Totally cute. Its making me think about doing an Elmo Birthday party for him.

Thanks for the comments on my SIL's house... maybe I didn't share since so many of you had asked questions. They are also a pastor and pastor's wife, and they were living in the church parsonage. That means the house belongs to the church. Well, the church had plans to tear it down, which would have left my SIL and family looking for their own place to buy. Now this house is GORGEOUS. Lovely woodowork inside, very spacious... such a shame to see torn down. So my SIL and BIL obtained the house from the church, and then purchased lot of land (thanksfully only 2 blocks away). Thus, the house moving. What a site!

TGIF!!

7 comments:

Angelina Schwarz said...

What a gorgeous kit! Awesome work!

Anonymous said...

I love Seth's Charm! Beautiful! It would be perfect for some of my heritage photos, too!

I had fun at the chat and I'm going to look for the rest of the books in the series.

Congratulations on the magazine interest! I feel like I "know" a celebrity!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea, I am trying to contact you about potentially selling some of your designs through our upcoming online layout application. Can you send me your e-mail address??

I LOVE YOUR STUFF!

Thanks,
Beth
CEO and Scrapbook Enthusiast
ScrapbookLab.com

Mrs. Burns said...

Beth, I'm not sure how I can reach you... you can reach me at raggedy_andrea@hotmail.com

Thanks for the compliment!

Jody Knapp said...

That house moving is so crazy! Things people can do these days.

Love the new kit and congrats on the magazine kit!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chat, it was great, and I saw your kit in the gallery at DST, beautiful!! Congrats on SBT mag gig, I read them quite a bit, we do have it at my local Borders and I pic it up there often.

Anonymous said...

Doggone, I'm sorry I missed the talk. I so love the series. I was out of town for the long weekend (here in Canada). :( Looks like a good time was had.
I love the new kit and the layout! Congrats on the magazine interest as well. :)