Friday, May 19, 2006

Silly....

It is day 40 of the rain, and Seth and I are starting to tire of the ark here. When will it end? When can we go back outside? When will we see the sky? When can I finally take off my sweatsuit and feel some heat? (sigh)


Credits: my Twilight kit at TDC, available HERE.

Journaling reads: Silly is definitely a color, and you certainly possess a bright and colorful personality. Keep your color Seth, and let it shine!

Do you like the "Silly" glitter wordart? It's yours! Get it HERE & HERE!

So... I am currently waiting for the men to return for the 3rd day in a row to finish installing my dishwasher. Yep, you read right, its taking 3 days, and they are still not finished! I didn't realize it was going to be a big job. Still, I shouldn't complain, its free installation.... but my house is a mess, and I can't do anything till it gets done. They've had to rip out cabinets, rerun some (new!) pipes, and now it looks like they have to reroute some electrical. All because I don't want to wash dishes by hand anymore. Ok, Ok, I admit... so Nate doesn't have to wash dishes anymore, LOL!

We have a rule in this house that started right when we got married. One person cooks, the other does the dishes. What can I say... I LIKE to cook! ROFLOL! We have recently in the last couple months also started a new tradition called "Treat Thursday" where we just make a dessert, or something sweet on Thursday night. Just something for us for after Seth goes to bed, because lets face it, he doesn't need the sugar... and his mama does.

Last night I made Chocolate Caramel Euphoria Cake, and I thought I'd share the recipe with you~

Chocolate Caramel Euphoria Cake

1 pkg devil's food cake

1/2 c condensed milk

3/4 c caramel ice cream topping

3 chocolate-covered toffee bars (like Heath) coarsely chopped

1 ctn Cool Whip

Bake cake according to pkg directions (13x9). Cool for 5 min. Make slits across top of cake, making sure not to cut through to the bottom. In a saucepan over low heat, combine condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring till smooth and blended. Slowly pour the mixture over the warm cake, making sure to let it sink into the slits. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate toffee pieces across cake. Let cake cool completely. Spread whip topping across top of cake. Top with additional toffee pieces and caramel drizzel.

Happy Friday All!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the wordart! You are so generous! That recipe looks delicious....may have to run to the store and try it out this weekend!

~Shannon D

Angela said...

Thanks for the word art! It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!! It's gorgeous!

Deena said...

UGH now im hungry!! IM not sure which im more thankful for the word art, or the recipe!! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

that sounds way too chocolatey! like, scary chocolatey!

Christine said...

Thanks Andrea!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the word art and the recipe. It looks like a easy dessert to make and yummy to eat! This cake sounds like it would be perfect to use leftover almond crunch candy I made for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea! That cake sounds just divine! I had some yummy carrot cake with ice cream tonight, but that sound so much better! Love your new LO! Adorable sweet, silly Seth!

XOXO

HA! Do you think it means anything that part of my word verification is PMS?? MASO!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the word art and the recipe. Yumm!!!

Phyllis Renée said...

I envy the rain you've had. We've been in a drought and today it got up to 95!!

"Silly" is a color. I love that. Goofy is good too . . . even when they're 25 and 17.

Anonymous said...

I ADORE that page, Andrea!! :) Thank you so much for the "treat" and for the recipe- might just have to try that one out!!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, gracias chica!

Change my blog link to the new one, por favor ;)

Julie Jewels said...

Ugh! We had a period of rain like that too! I put out a call for ark builders too! LOL Hope you see some sun soon!!

Beautiful new page! Love the journaling! So cute! And thank you so much for sharing the glitter wordart with us!

We have the same rule in our house. But because DH doesn't even know how to boil water, I cook and he does his half a**ed attempt to clean. I usually follow up after him, but oh well! It's the thought, right?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Silly glitter - love it!