Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sale! And Preview Thursday.....


My FIRST sale! I will only have personal sales sparingly, so take advantage! 40% off of everything, and this does include the Homecooking collab kit with Mari at TDC. The links to both of my sites are on the side under Andrea Burns Designs, and they will take you directly to my things. Enjoy!

Also... releasing tonight (and part of the sale) is the final kit in the Hourglass Collection!

Midnight Oil is the fourth and last installment in the Hourglass Collection. dark, mysterious, and passionate tones are the inspiration of this kit, and will deffinately add dramatic flair to your layout. Midnight Oil offers 8 textured papers, 3 jewel tags, 2 satin ribbons, 2 journal tags, 2 flowers, 2 sets of colored stitching, 2 tied knots, 1 word art, 1 glittered flower, 1 vintage pocket watch, 1 sequined border overlay, 1 word art, and 1 ornate silver frame. Also included is a full leather alpha, numeral, and symbol set.

I think it has finally happened.

I think I have become Photoshopped out.

So what do I do? Take an hour break yesterday, to watch some Oprah. And what do I do? Run back up as soon as it was done, b/c Lord Forbid I miss anything, or pass on the idea...

Which BTW~ Oprah was mind blowing yesterday. It was about her and Eli Weisel (the author of Night) visiting a couple Concentration Camps. I have always had a fascination with WWII, and the Jewish Holocaust, I've read much on the subject and gone through a few museums. But hearing it straight from Mr. Weisel's mouth was incredible. Throwing babies in the fire...

You know, since having Seth, I have become so much more sensitive to things like this. Even gorey things on TV, or missing children... I can't handle it the same way, my heart chokes with sadness, and then becomes afraid... and then I imagine the other mothers living through this horror.

LOST last night was awesome! I called it being the Magnet that brought down the Plane... but the light and the sound was awesome. Did you all catch that the guy in the Hatch with Desmond was the American Troop Leader from one of Sayid's episodes? I knew that there would be some answers in this finale... but of course I also knew that more would be raised.

What happened to Locke & Ecko?

What will happen to Walt & Michael?

What will happen to Kate, Sawyer, & Jack?

What is Desmond's girlfriend, Pen, doing looking for him?

What up w/ a giant statue of a 4-toed foot?

What is "Henry" doing leading the "others"?

What is up w/ the weird light & noise?

What is up w/ pterodactyls?

What is up w/ the new season not starting until OCTOBER!!???

My REAL question has to do with Penny....How did they figure when an Electromagnetic Anomoly went off.... that it had to do with Desmond? That it would lead them to him?

11 comments:

Amber Joy said...

you are one of the reasons I am hooked on Grey's Anatomy, you need to quit plugging all of these shows!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea - I have been reading some of the message boards on ABC this morning and I am so intrigued with all of the theories. Some are saying that they think Penny's father is somehow involved with Dharma and confessed the whole thing on his death bed or something.. this led her to search for the magnetic field out in the ocean. I am starting to think that Sun's dad could be involved too. Someone pointed out that so many of the character's has rather high powered/weathy parents.. maybe they were all investors in the Dharma initiative?? You should go read some of the boards..if you haven't already. :)

Anonymous said...

characters have - that is :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to flood your comments, but one more thing...the new season isn't going to start until October because so many people were so frustrated with the constant reruns. They are going to run the first 7 episodes - straight through, and then run a new pilot show in that slot until January. Then, Lost will start again and run through the rest of the season without reruns. Bummer that we will have a time with no LOST, but at least we won't get all hyped up to watch and then have it be a rerun!

Anonymous said...

hey! I'm totally like that too now! I'm such a blubbering mess over just about anything and I was SO good at not crying to movies! Photoshopped out!! Ok, girl, you need to take a break, but quickly, we can't live too long without Andrea* Magic!! Seriously, maybe doing a layout instead of a kit would change up your day :) HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I watched Oprah yesterday too and was blown away. I have also just always had a fascination with the subject, but I haven't really read/thought about it since Ella was born and it just hit me so much harder now that I have a child. I told Matt that he needs to watch this show because I just think it is that important. And I think I need to read "Night" again. Haven't read it since high school...

Julie Jewels said...

Wow nice sale!! I wonder if you have anything in your store that I don't have yet? Well besides the last Hourglass collection!
Gonna have to go check it out!

I never did manage to get involved in Lost. I wish I did, but I feel too far behind now! LOL

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, I have the same questions about Lost. It was sooo good & sooo intense. I didn't notice that the guy from the hatch was Saeds (sp) army days. Wow. I did notice how all these people were connected to more than one other character prior to crashing on the island. Very cool

What was up with that 4-toed foot statue?
Oh, and THANKS for telling me about Digi Pick of the day.

Brittany said...

I can't believe I missed that Oprah. I just can't believe it. I had a chance to go to Auschwitz last summer, and I was excited to hear/see that she went with Eli....and I MISSED it?! I'm going to go see what I can do about that right now.....

Anonymous said...

You're going to get sick of me posting about your new website, but MAN! it looks awesome! I just know you're going to get tons of business. Your photos are beautiful! If I only knew you when I got married...I totally would have paid to have you come do my wedding instead of the hack we got!

Jody Knapp said...

Lost was awesome! I totally missed the Sayid connection. He looked familiar but I just figured it was becaseu that actor has been in other stuff and I didnt figure it was with this show. So crazy! I read at Lostpedia too that the 2 guys in the psyche ward with Hurley may have been in the hatch or else in the snowy hatch since they new the numbers.... Crazy!