Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Great Green Globs....

where to begin?
where to begin?

My dishwasher has finally been installed! And a huge sigh of relief here... it actually works, LOL! In fact, I never heard it! Sun morning I asked Nate if we could finally run it... and he said he already had! I was a tiny bit bummed that I missed the big event! Yep... I am a big dork!

So Saturday, Nate's Gram and Uncle Jim were coming for their first visit. We have only lived here 3 years now, and them... 2 hours away (eyeroll). Anyways, I totally planned on a nice lunch for them. The rain and the cold here the past week really put me in the mood for something warm and comforting, so I planned to make homemade chicken noodle soup and a strawberry cobbler. They call to say that they will be here at noon on Sat.

That morning I wake up around 7..... and proceed to vomit. I vomit all morning. I am vomiting in the shower... when they show up at 10 am. Yep, 2 hours early.

I vomit many more times while they are here. They go to lunch elsewhere.

LOL! What the heck?!? I must have had food poisoning, or some random little bug, b/c I was fine by 2 pm. Isn't being physically sick just the worst ever? Your body can't decide if its hot or cold, or it fights to be both.... you're weak from no nourishment and dehydration... ick!

Seth is finally all better! No more choking on his phlegm, and he finally has boogers, LOL! What a weird thing to be proud of, but it means a dry nose, and that I'm not battling a strong 19 mos old with a snot sucker.



I hadn't shared this picture yet... what a boy my Seth is! You can almost see the physique of a small boy trying to burst through.

I am really happy that there are so many of you expressing interest in the Hourglass Collection Contest! It should really be fun, and truthfully I am just beyond tickled to see my work getting used! Always a complete thrill!

Are you ready? I worked on this ALL day yesterday..... Memory Lane Photography website is up!

Ummm... OK I admit, 90% up. But I wanted some feedback from my friends!

A disclaimer... I really only have shots of my son, I am kinda embarassed that my babies and children page is basically all him... but hopefully that will change once I pick up a couple clients. Also, I realize my buttons don't work yet... still tweaking the HTML, if any of you know how to help, PLEASE pass the advice!

I am also working on why my images are pixelized on a couple pages. But I wanted to see if you guys like what I did, my overall feel and tone, and the message I convey, and the photography represented....

And without further adieu~

Memory Lane Photography

(LOL, ok I just typed my title... can any of you finish the song? I thought it was appropriate considering the ammount of body fluids I talk about today...) :)

Did anyone see Alias last night? I totally think Sloan got what he deserved, that was the best punishment ever! A great series finale!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

. . . of greasy grimy gopher guts, mutilated monkey meat, french-fried parakeet, all walking down main street. And I forgot my spoon! --

Or that's what we sing, anyway. Haha.

Web site looks great -- best of luck with your new business!

Julie Jewels said...

OMG! I thought I'd be the only one to know the words to your title song! Good job, Greta! LOL

That sucks you were so sick!! Yuck! I hate throwing up. Hate it hate it hate it!

Your site looks great! Some of the pictures are definitely pixelated but otherwise it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of seth! Too cute! And I think the site looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

The site looks great but the poages load very slowly because of the size of the photos. Another option it to set up a web gallery through Photoshop and upload that. I'm on DSL and it took awhile to load so I don't know what it would take for a person on DSL.

I love the fonts you chose for the titles and the black background looks great! Good luck

Anonymous said...

oops I meant tosay I don't know how long it would take for a person on Dial-up. Sorry about that!

Christine said...

No!!!!!!!! Please tell me that I didn't miss Alias!!! CRAP!!

I had that bug a couple weeks ago!! It was awful! Everyone here caught it too!!

I'm off to check out the progess on your website :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry you were so sick...there's nothing worse than throwing up in my opinion!

Love your site!! Congrats on getting that up and good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I love the site chicky! I'll ask james about the html stuff for the linked pages. What did you use to make it?

The picture of Seth is great! Congrats on the boogies, much better than the snot sucker for sure hehe.

Anonymous said...

Seriously CUTE pic of Seth! Thanks for the heads up on the spell check in photoshop! I didn't know that! cool! Hopefully it spell checks in french too :P If not, I've got it covered, I was too lazy that night to use it!! lol

SO sorry you've been so sick! That bites! Glad it was just that day and nothing else!

What's this contest ?!?! Gotta read previous posts :P

Amber Joy said...

I can finish that song, but, I will refrain this time. And, I have decided to come to PA just so that you can photograph me and my boys, and my 'it' that will present itself in 7 1/2 months!

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck! I had that a week and a half ago. So I'll go ahead and ask you what everyone asked me-- Are you pregnant??? It's almost June, right?? hehehe (and my answer was "no" just to clarify!)
Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

your photography,layouts, and designs are all awesome! you are very talented. this is my first time to write but i have been enjoying checking in on your blog. it is very inspriring. i am excited to see more examples of your photography on your memory lane site. thanks for great inspiration!