Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Randomness....

Happy Tuesday to you all!

Traci tagged me, and this is a pretty cool one. Her friend Linda came up with this~ I picked a friend and posted something about her/him instead, and then tagged other people to do the same. She "highlighted" Shannon and then picked a few people to "hightlight" someone else. SO Traci picked me, and now I have to pick someone to highlight.

I decided to showcase Jennifer W! 1. She always has the nicest comments for my blog, my LO's, and my photos. 2. She is also an aspiring photographer~ and a good one at that. 3. She has a beautiful personality and is passing that off on her beautiful daughter. 4. She is willing to help a friend, when they need her too. 5.... Just b/c I like her so!

I tag Holly, Jenn P, and Laura to also pick someone to highlight and gush over. And of course, if Jennifer want to "Pay It Forward," feel free friend!

Not much new in the Burns Household. I am trying to go through some awesome tuts... but believe it or not, I am tech challenged and am crossing my eyes and banging my head over a few of them. I did make a sequin this morning though! That was fun.

I have a neat idea for for a 4 kit collection, and I need to get going on it. I go through these spurts, I'll create non-stop for a few days, then have no move or desire, for another week or so. Same thing with my photography, I'll have 3 shoots back to back, and then not pick up the camera for a couple weeks, LOL!

Have you all tried the new TaB Energy Drink? Its kinda like a carbonated Watermelon drink, with only 5 calories and no carbs (or maybe, its next-to-no carbs, sorry, I can't remember). I had a free sample the other day and ended up buying a couple cans of it. I like it! You should check it out! I don't usually like watermelon stuff, but this was refreshing.

And How Cool Is This?!?!? Katie was able to get me an autographed copy of Jodi Picoult's new book! Isn't that just the best thing you have ever heard! A month or more back, I was raving about her book, and she is truly on of my fave authors... and Katie's boyfriend just finished working with Jodi, so Katie has met with her! She even directed Jodi over here to read my review! So not only did I get a visit from the award winning author, but now an autographed copy of her new book. I am so EXCITED! Katie, YOU are the coolest! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am so happy that you all enjoyed Sunrise Surprise yesterday! I can't wait to see some creations! Traci was just named ScrapArtist's Scraplift of the Week, so I used the kit to scraplift her "busy Lips" LO.


Sunrise Surprise kit by Andrea Burns at A Cherry On Top, Ali Folendore Bling Flower, Katie Pertiet's messy stitch, ScrapArtist Alpha, Susie's Hand font.

Journaling Reads: my lips are my trademark I was born with them this size. Kids in school used to make fun of them... BUT I was always PROUD of them. “Lips like Julia Roberts,” I used to say. But you know what? They are MY lips, and they belong to the mouth my husband adores. (The "I was born with them this size" is my joke I always make, but you should have seen me w/ braces, LOL!)

OK, LAST of my sister's series. I hope you have been enjoying these! All of us should have some casual romantic pics like this!



OK, OK, that last one is just for giggles... my BIL is such a goof! I directed them to pretend like they were dancing, and well... this is what he popped out with, ROFLOL!

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I love all your sisters pictures. But my favorite would have to be the one with them in the truck and the dog looking up at them. I am also a cuban coffe lover. I moved 6 years ago to Montreal and have been deprived of lots of cuban treats like: pastelitos, cuban bread, cafe con leach, croquetas, cortadito and my all time favorite arroz con leach. My Abuela lives way to far to get my daily treats.
Keep the pictures coming they giv eme ideas since I am not a very good photographer.
Have a great Tuesday.

My Life and My Loves said...

andrea - i love your layout! just gaw-gous! your sister's pics are hilarious - lauren

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Jodi Picoult is my favorite author! I just read The Tenth Circle a few weekends ago. If you find the secret quote please let me know what it is! I'm horrible at scavenger hunts! :)

Oh, check out the Recipe Circle link on 2Peas message board. Melanie (lemonyr) used your new kit for her soup recipe. It's way cute too.

Andrea said...

Can i say this one more time...fabulous!! You are such an inspiring photographer, scrapper, and friend!! Bravo!!

Hot lips too!! ;)

Craft Tea Lady said...

Glad you liked the Tab stuff... the gal at the Walmart I was at recently said they keep reducing the price and reducing the price and it just sits on the shelf. You might wanna give Walmart a try for some at a good deal! They were something like $7.50 for 4 and they are down in the $3 range now (at least at the store I was in).

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I am now freaked out about the toilet seat/spider thing. Last night I went into my bathroom in the middle of the night and as I was sitting I had a thought about that particular post on your blog and I got the willies up and down my spine! THANKS! hehehe
And I think you look fabulous in your new frames. Looks like you could play the studious type with them as well as the fun and sassy role. :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making my day Andrea. You are such a sweetheart and I absolutely love your photos!