Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hourglass Collection...

My washing machine is fixed, and I am currently on my 2nd out of 1,376 loads of today. Good thing too, b/c Nate ran out of undershirts... I need to pick him up some more. The one frustrating thing, is that the repair man did not show up until 5 pm.

5 pm.

What the heck?!? I waited all day, forgoing my walk/park play with Seth... I took my shower when Nate was home for lunch, lest I miss the man knocking, and then he doesn't even come till 5 pm. What a crock. The AWESOME news is, that it cost $30. Yep! Isn't that a blessing?

Turns out, that something rare happened with my machine (repair man's words, not mine). It actually ate a sock! One of Seth socks got sucked up into the pump, and then clogged up the pump, thus the no draining and spinning. So, the repair man dislodged the mangled, destroyed, and greasy sock from the pump, replaced a valve, and that was it. PHEW!

Now for some fun news! Introducing the Hourglass Collection at The Digi Chick! My Hourglass Collection will feature 4 kits representing the 4 major times of the day. First up is Morning Glory, and I am thrilled at how it turned out! I really feel that I have just grown as a designer with leaps and bounds the last few kits, and this one by far, is my favorite. I can't wait to scrap with it myself! It is available tonight!

Morning Glory is the first kit in a collection inspired by times of the day. Morning Glory features soft hues inspired by the first rays of morning light. This kit comes packed with 9 textured papers, 3 satin ribbons, 3 word buttons, 2 flowers, 2 threaded tags, 2 tabs, 2 colored sets of stitching, 2 word art, 1 glittered butterfly, 1 glittered flower stamp, 1 coaster, and 1 tied satin bow. Also included in Morning Glory is a full alpha, numeral, and symbol set.

Next week, you will see the next installment, Midday Mischief, featuring soft greens and yellows. I am a firm believer that kits should offer gender neutral papers, so mommies of boys, take another look, there are plenty of papers and elements above to scrap a boy page.

15 comments:

Angela said...

That kit is wonderful!!!!!

Christine said...

I don't know what it is with repairmen!! They always show up at weird times... I wish they would just confirm when they will show up so you can work around that!! ARGHH! hehehe

I adore that kit! You did a fantastic job!

Darla said...

OH MY GOSH THAT KIT JUST ROCKS ANDREA!!! WOW. oh and hey you made me smile about your washer/tech coming at 5/sock being stuck story....had those days!

Ange said...

Andrea... your machine actually ate a sock... lol! :) So funny!!! :) Glad it is fixed, even if it did take all day. :(

Kristin said...

gosh you are amazing, an amazing photographer and and amazing digi designer.. I was wondering if you could share with me your favourite lens that you use most? I too use the d70 right now currently pretty much use the 50mm 1.8 but sometimes find myself itching for something else.. this is my email pixel112@telus.net

this kit is TRULY gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the kit Andrea! Just beautiful! And anyone can make pinks n flowers work for boys! ;) I can't wait to play with it!
Oh, I am glad you got your washer fixed. The same thing happened to us. Sucked up one of Tyler's socks, but ours drained part way and then leaked all over the floor. Luckily it was when we were in the military, so we didn't have to worry about anything! Not even cleaning it up. I am glad it was only $30!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful new kit! Of course the title made me want to sing..."Rise & Shine and Give God the Glory, Glory..." :)

Hope you get to go to the park today!

KirstyB said...

Andrea...this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Adding it to my list of kits to buy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So washer's really do it socks..I have sworn mine did for years;) LOL

Anonymous said...

De-lurking to say the kit is AWESOME! Love it, love it, love it! Looking forward to the others too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Andrea!!! I love seeing all of your new designs!!! You GO!

Robyn said...

Your new kit is beautiful! I'm trying to use the kits I have before buying any more, but I may have to make an exception for this one! :)

Julie Jewels said...

Andrea I've always been a huge fan of your stuff, but I have to agree with you that you are really putting your A game on lately! Wow! This is gorgeous!! And I think the reason I like your stuff is because it's always easy to use on boys' pages! Is this the "it" you were talking about or is there more?

Glad to hear the washer was an easy fix! Too funny that yours actually ate a sock!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, this kit is gorgeous. It is going on my wish list. I can't wait to see the rest of your kits.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your new collection! Heck, I love all of your work girl! Can't wait to be able to snatch up this little goodie too at TDC! Hugs!

Heather aka MuddyPawPrints