Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hairific....

What is it with my titles lately? LOL! I always think up some random title... and then "why not?" I am a self-professed overuser of the elipses... and of exclamation marks, but ah well.

Wow, not even 2 sentences in, and I have run off onto a random tangent. Right On Andrea!

Those of you who guess that my Sethro got a haircut yesterday.... ding, ding, ding! You got it! The child had gotten beastly long. Actually I like it a bit longer, but our clippers at home cut one length... Military Crew, LOL. So off to a salon we went, this was last Friday. I wanted him to have nice hair for Easter.

So here is the Before~

They had a TV mounted to the wall, and the hairdresser popped in an Elmo video. Brilliant! The kid watched TV 90% of the time, and even danced some. My kid likes to shimmy.


Little Man giggling at Elmo antics.


Towards the end he got a bit antsy, but the hairdresser was awesome, quick, and even sang abit to him.

And now the After~

My little man is so handsome, is he not? Look at that face!

Now onto the "IT" that some of you were guessing... LOL! And NO Andrea, it is not another wee one, not quite yet. I have a few things up my sleeve, something Fab-U-Lous that I can share in a couple days (wink), and 2 somethings that are cooking up at ACOT. One I can share soon, another will have to wait.... (muah-ah-ah, as she lets out an evil laugh and rubs her hands together)

Now, Julie, lets talk about me being the "whitest cuban" you have ever seen.

Its true. I admit it. I am so fair skinned, and I have a million freckles on my arms and knees. I inherited the fair skin from my Mom. Now let me tell you... I am the oldest of 3 girls. My middle sis Alicia (there are recent pics of her and her DH, remember?) is a blonde, and my youngest sis Amelia is an auburn red head. Funny huh? Now I am the more latin looking of the 3 of us, with my dark hair and eyes, all 3 of us are curvy, but they have the dark skin that tans well.

Here is a LO I did of us way back in Dec~


Credits: Good Times kit by Carrie Stephens, Font: A Yummy Apology

Journaling Reads: The “Lopez Girls”, “Sisters” as Dad likes to call us~ as different as our hair, we are often very much alike, even though we’d be loathe to admit it. We are all so passionate about our endeavors, and they have led us in opposite directions at times, but when it comes down to it, we are still the famous “Lopez Girls”, and we are always sisters. Always.

Of course, that pic doesn't do their darker skin justice, but like I said... December, LOL!

Last night Nate and I had our long-needed date out. We went to the mall, and I finally got my glasses fixed. Remember how I said that I was so iffy about them, and they didn't fit well? The lady took one look at them and was like "did the guy even adjust them at all?" I was like "uh... yeah, but it was busy that night." She literally sat there for 5 minutes twisting and bending, and now they glide on my face, hug in the rigt spots, and most importantly, don't push out my ears. I am keeping them now!

I also picked up my wedding set, I had left them to be re-rhodium plated, b/c my white gold was really starting to look yellow. They are boo-tiful! I ooohed-and-awwwed over that ring I am still lusting after, I am sure that Nate is getting annoyed, LOL!

I also ordered Nate's Anniversary present! Yep, I figured it out! When we first got married, he wanted this Titanium Wedding ring, b/c it whats NASA scientists make rockets outs of (rolled eyes inserted) and b/c its a hard metal which can't be dented easily, nor resized.

(sigh) Except that Nate has lost 15-20 lbs since we were first married. And now his wedding band just falls off. So we decided that his gift would be a new band. And this is what we picked out~

LOL~ Yep, my man will be wearing a bit of bling! I told Nate that he has to take extra care of this ring, as in No Wearing it while working on the car!! We both like it... and of course that means he's obligated to, ahem, buy me a bit of bling too. ;)

We went to a local restaurant called The Log Cabin, authentic old cabin restored to serve awesome Steak dinners. (Katie, don't look!) We both had Top Sirloins, I had a baked Sweet Potatoe with cinnamon butter, and Nate had fries. Then we both split their amazing peanut Butter Pie with a granola crust. I think this place has the best steaks ever. Delish!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. Look at adorable Mr S looking soooo grown up. Too cute. And what the heck...you never mentioned you were married to Joaquin Pheonix...hunka, hunka! :)

Anonymous said...

The little one is cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw..seth looks so cute:)

LOL..abouot being the whitest cuban..I am the whitest lebanese person you have ever seen;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome band your DH got. Seth did so great at the Salon. Love the giggly picture of him while watching Elmo.

karen (Hom74)

Julie Jewels said...

LOL Aww, I was just teasing ya! My FIL was from Spain so my DH is whiter than I am! But he definitely tans faster and darker too!

Seth looks so ding dang cute!! And what a hunka-hunka hubby you have there holding him!

I do think you're awfully mean to tease us with the new things to come!!! What bribes do you accept? LOL

Yay for your glasses fitting right now! Love the ring you picked out for Nate! It's beautiful!
And yep-bling begets bling! LOL

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bethany said...

LOL! When we got married, DH insisted on a titanium ring because it is "what airplanes are made out of". All guys are basically the same huh? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Yeah-- you decided on an anniversary gift!! Ya know, I got the Red Envelope catalog in the mail today and I thought of you. I actually didn't toss it in the trash can on my way in so I could remember to tell you about it (which now I have hehe).
You little kiddo is so stinkin cute! (And I say that only being a little partial to boys!). Jack prefers Little Einstein when he gets his hair cut! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Seth is adorable, but you already knew that I thought that ;)

That ring is FABULOUS! Ooh, that's what I wanted as my wedding ring! Can't wait to see what Nate comes up with as bling, maybe that ring you posted about earlier....

Amber Joy said...

your son is so cute. I have one that's the same age and we desperately need to cut his hair.

Andrea said...

dang...i thought i had *it* pegged!! lol!!

love the ring, can't wait to see what is coming at ACOT, and Mr. Seth is just as yummy as ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Hee heee Andrea!!! Love that you had a side note for me ;) OMG!! Could he be any cuter??? Wow, adorable, adorable pics!!! Toooooo Cute!!! You and your sisters are all sooooo beautiful!!! Men love titanium, but honestly it's very hip right now! Can't wait to hear the news!!!

Christine said...

ehehe He's so cute!! Chillin' watching TV while getting a haircut!! Too cool!!

What an awesome ring!!

I absolutely adore the pic of you and your sisters!!

Anonymous said...

Seth's hair is adorable! In your picture, it's like your sister and you are all completely differenct! I inherited freckles and all that good stuff from my mother as well. My skin is very fair. Normally burn first, then tan. ouch.
I like Nate's ring! Now which kind of bling are you going to be getting? hehe