Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Cooking Up Some Froglegs....



I live for nice weather! There is almost nothing better than being outside with the sun on your back, and the warmth seeping into your bones. In fact, I need tomake this short b/c Seth and I have a date to get outside... We go to a nearby park where they have a lovely outside 1 mile fitness path. I like to walk/ jog it 2 or 3 times, and then we go over the the playground and Seth gets to have his fun. He kills me with how social he is... such a blessing right now, but also a heartbreak... it just means someday his friends will be cooler than me... (sigh)

I have 3 projects I have to get done by Tuesday. That is a lot for me, and I am starting to feel overwhelmed. If you haven't noticed yet, I try to put one new kit up a month at A Cherry on Top, and I try to get it near the beginning of the month as I can. The rest of the month is dedicated to The Digi Chick. SO I have been working on something fun and BOYISH for ACOT. Here is my color palette as a sneak peek~


Tomorrow releases the 2nd installment of Hourglass Collection, and I have decided to wait till May to release the last 2. I just need to quit putting around and get to work.... Why Tuesday you ask? Because Nate and I leave for our District Conference, where all the pastors and superintendents, and big wigs and such get together and have business meetings... Then on Thursday we leave from there (Pittsburgh) and we go to my folks in MD, b/c Nate has a huge Frog Show, where he plans to launch his Jungle Jumpers business. He has froglets to sell, my prints, T-shirts, driftwood for tanks, and a custom built tank. Please cross your fingers that all goes well, he is starting to get nervous. Its called the International Amphibian Days, and its held in Baltimore. We will be home Monday.

So last night, I did something I have been meaning to do for a looong time. I have been ripping recipes out of magazine for a few years now. Except they have been sitting willy-nilly in a pile. Last night I actually (gasp!) sorted them out! They are now sorted by category, and are placed in folders. Please don't ask how many recipes I have actually tried... its shameful, but I do solemnly swear to try more! It also gave me the idea of creating my own cookbook, complete with my own photos... something for me to look into. Nate and I are planning a missions trip to Africa in 2008, and that might be a nice fundraiser....

OK, Seth is tantruming, so I must dash.... Happy Wednesday all! (oh yeah, as for my title today, J/K! Gross!)

6 comments:

Julie Jewels said...

Thank goodness you aren't really cooking frog legs! Blech!! LOL
I agree with you on the nice weather! It does wonders for your spirit! Have fun at the park!
Wow! 3 new things from you! Busy girl! And you're going to break my Paypal account-I love your stuff!!

Good luck to Nate! I'm sure it'll be a wonderfully successful venture!!

Anonymous said...

Your cookbooks would be a great fundraiser! My SIL helped out with a cookbook at her church and they were very popular. They were raising money for Hagar Home Maternal Center & Orphanage in Romania. (http://www.touchedromania.org/index2.htm)

This may be nosey, but I was wondering what denomination church you & Nate pastor? You can email me if you want to keep that on the down-low. ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope that you keep having a nice day! It's sunny here, but a little chilly out. Have fun with the show this weekend! :) I hope that Nate's new business takes off for you guys!
Love the photos! Gorgeous!

Aggie said...

You know what Andrea, I admire for your discipline regarding designing kits :D While most of them would just go with the flow and make one when there is the creative kick, you strive hard to come up with something new everytime -- and IT IS BETTER everytime! It actually makes you a very promising, someone-to-watch-out-for designer..HONESTLY!! Im so glad to be part of your team :) Lastly, I think the color palette of your latest kit is amazing, cant wait to play!

PS. Here in the Phils, there are certain provinces which have frog legs as a delicacy, it even goes to high end restaurants. Ive been too scared to try though, LOL.

PS2: Goodluck with the cooking and I love the second photo of Seth!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I thought your title was really funny...especially considering that poor Nate is trying to raise and breed frogs! You had me cracking up! I forwarded the Jungle Jumper site to a friend of mine who lives in Maryland. (In Frederick...about an hour away from Baltimore.) They just bought a frog for their son and are thinking about getting another one. Of course, I pimped Nate's frogs!! :)

You're working so hard and it is definitely paying off! Your kits are gorgeous, your photography is gorgeous, your layouts are gorgeous...you're on a roll! Keep it up!

Paul said...

Beautiful photography and great font on those photos!

Cheers, Paul