Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sale....

Today I am off to the DMV.... again... for the third time in 2 weeks. (sigh) I have never in my life seen a DMV closed so often. Its the only one for our large-ish town... and it seems to be only open 2 days a week, and then only until 4 pm. 4 pm?!?! What.. people don't have real jobs or work to do in my town? I am so annoyed. Annoyed b/c, first of all, my liscense needs renewing. So I do what any respectable internet-lover does... I renew online. Except, that they mail you a paper you have to take in anyways... totally defeating the purpose! So we went on a Monday. Closed. We went on a Wednesday afternoon. Closed just 30 minutes before. Oh my word! Now, Nate has to come home early to watch Seth, so I can leave the house at 3 pm to catch them while they are still open. Its really a pain.

Tomorrow is a small family Birthday party for Seth and his cousin Lauren. Their Birthdays are a week apart (she's 9 though) and we thought it would be nice to have the immediate family get together for some cake and such. I am excited... Lauren is a top reader in her class, so I picked up 3 Ramona books for her. Remember Ramona? LOL~ I loved reading her when I was Lauren's age.


Golden Glory kit by Andrea Burns at The Digi Chick, vellum hearts by Michelle Coleman. Font: Arial.

This is a scraplift from a magazine... I *think* it is Memory Maker's Sept 06 issue, but I'm not sure, b/c I tore the page out with the LO on it, and it doesn't have distinguishing marks... if anyone can help? TFL!!

And introducing a new favorite of mine.... Birthday Boy~



Birthday Boy was designed to celebrate my son's second Birthday. But don't be fooled by the title or 3 specific elements... this will make a GREAT kit for any little boy Layout! Bright primary colors and masculine touches can help you celebrate any boy in your life!

Included in Birthday Boy are 9 textured papers, 3 stitches, 3 folded ribbons, 3 notecards, 2 ric-rac bookplates, 2 Boy wordart, 1 handprint brush, 1 stamp brush, and 1 balloon rub on. Also included is a full painted canvas alpha, numeral, and symbol set.

Get it HERE

And you can get everything on sale 30% off till Sunday!

TGIF!

6 comments:

Brandy said...

love the new kit! it's beautiful. great job on it. and i love the lo! tooo cute. hope you have a fun weekend :)

Anonymous said...

What an adorable LO!! Seth makes quite a cute Monkey!! What's the little man going to be this year?? And, not that I have very many blog readers, but I'll put a little diddy on mine about your sale!
Have a great weekend!

Brittany said...

OMGosh. I lurve Ramona SO MUCH! Seriously. I'm a huge Beverly Cleary fan....if you ever want to know the most random facts about her...I did a semester study. So I'm your gal. :D

Anonymous said...

Very creative idea about your sale. I hope you make tons of money to help Amelia out. See you on Friday!! I can't beleive it's almost here. Got to start packin'. :)

Jenn :) said...

Awww...that layout is precious!! I adore that photo ;) Your new kit is great too!! Sorry about your DMV woes...from what I remember, they actually sent me my new license in the mail! That's really weird that they only sent you a paper...grrr :( I hope you are able to get it renewed soon! (((HUGS))) :)

Kristi said...

Hi there! I followed your link over here from the March '07 Babycenter Board. Your bbc avatar pic looked so much like one of my friends that I thought I'd come see if you were secretly her twin. :) Anyway, I happened to notice that we're the same age, and our kids are (will be) similar ages as well (I have a May '04 son and a March '07 baby on the way). I thought that was kind of neat; in my neck of the woods, I only seem to meet people who are much older than me with kids the same age. Then I scrolled down and saw your son's Halloween picture from last year with his monkey costume and his stuffed monkey. I just had to comment because my son wore the same Old Navy monkey costume last year, which was of course in honor of his cherished stuffed animal, Spunky the Funky Monkey. :) Also, I love your photography and scrapbook pages--you're quite talented!