Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Birthday Planning....

Two days ago I ordered all the supplies for Seth's Birthday! He's going to have an Elmo party, since Elmo is an obsession. He's getting the plates, invites/ thank you's, table topper, crepe paper, a huge Elmo mylar baloon... I even ordered him an Elmo Cake pan! I'm going to make him an Elmo cake, LOL!






I got everything from Birthday Express. Here's the deal... I think I get to use everything twice. His Birthday is Monday the 25th, and will be spent just at home with Mama and Daddy. He's going to have a joint party with his older cousin Lauren on Sat the 30th, with Nate's family. So... I'll have 5 plates left over for the family party, LOL! And my sister and law and I have already discussed co-decorating, LOL!

Seth is going to have a great birthday! He's getting some nice things, and I can't wait to see his face. I think he's going to be overwhelmed, and not know what to play with first, LOL! I'll talk about presents when the time gets a bit closer :)

**********

As you can see, I was reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I actually had it read in the 4 days we were at the beach. It was a FANTASTIC read (right Kristin ;) ) I had been looking for a new author to try and came across this, and am so tickled with the results. This book is a work of historical fiction, and it was powerrfuly written. I didn't know the history before hand of the Boleyn family, and the politics of royal court, but Oh. My. Word. Wow. I completely recommend it!

In fact I have the next book already on the way to my house!

You can click on the book to the right, and it'll take you right to Barnes and Noble.

**********

Golden Glory is now available at The Digi Chick, you can get it HERE (click me).

**********

I am making something new today! Its a total RAVE among some of my friends, but I'm a little late joing the game. I'm going to make Cake Balls! Apparently thay are to die for, and I thought I'd give them a try for the Youth Group tonight.

Cake Balls

1 package cake mix

1 can of frosting

1 package of chocolate almond bark (Can use semi-sweet baking chocolate too)

wax paper

1. Cook cake mix according to directions on the box. 2. Let cake cool. 3. Crumble cake in a bowl. 4. Mix approximately 1/3 container of frosting until smooth dough forms 5. Roll cake into balls, packing tightly 6. Melt almond bark 7. Drop balls into chocolate until coated. (I use a fork to lift balls out of chocolate so excess chocolate can drain through the tongs on the fork) 8. Place balls on wax paper to harden.

You can use any combination of frosting and cake mix. The cake should make approximately 60 balls. You can make the cake ahead of time and freeze the balls before dipping into the chocolate.

To make festive - you can put candy bits on top while chocolate is cooling. For Christmas, I am putting crushed candy cane bits. For Valentine's day you could use crushed ret hots....etc.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cake balls! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum! I will HAVE to make some today! Just what I needed, a new sweet treat. Thanks for sharing.
Your beach photos are wonderful and love your L/O with your family beach pic!
Have a blessed day!

Melissa said...

Wow! Those cake balls sound great. I'm gonna have to try it!

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! Those cake balls sound delish! I'm going to have to try them! LOVE your pics from vacation. Can't wait to see more, girlie! And yes...I looked REAL hard and saw the timer in your hand! LOL... Anyways, glad to see you're back! We've missed you!

Kristin said...

Your Outer Banks pics are great. My ILs "summer" there but we've never been. Glad you enjoyed your book...I'll be interested to hear what you think of the 2nd one. The 4th was my next favorite in the series.

I think I'm going to have to be doing an Elmo party too. Easton is obsessed but calls him "LaLa". His b-day isn't until January so if he's still obsessed by then we'll be planning our Elmo party too. Hubby and I have already looked at supplies awhile back.

Niecey said...

The golden glory kit looks outstanding!

My girls both LOVE elmo. It's hard to get a hold of elmo stuff here in the UK though. They'd have given a limb to have an Elmo party! lol.

The cake balls sound scrummy!

Anonymous said...

How awesome..I know the elmo birthday will be a hit!

YOu will have to take a picture of the cake balls when you make them.. they sound yummy.

Anonymous said...

Cake balls?! I've never heard of them, but they sound delicious. I hope you post pictures! And I'll definately be back tomorrow to check out your MM submission.

Julie Jewels said...

Elmo is so much fun!! We did the same thing for Matthew's first party! The decorations, the cake, the shirt! LOL