Thursday, September 28, 2006

Burn's Bedroom Before and After....

Here you go! Finially finished enough to show you pictures!

The Before~ A Full Size (we inherited this bed and mattress set when we got married from my great-grandparents as they moved into a nursing home. We loved it, it served us well, {and saw the creation of 2 Burns' kids} but we needed new mattresses and more space. No worries, the heirloom is in our attic waiting to be used by a future daughter.... ;) (no... i don't know yet....)



The After~ A Queen Size (new paint job, new side tables for us both, and Nate's favorite... Lamps for us both, LOL! Bed & tables from Bombay & Co.)


And yes... before you are squinting your eyes... they are the same quilted bedding.. just in different colors! LOL! The first in blues and purples from Bed Bath & Beyond, and the second (newer) is done in burgundies (MY FAVE) from Linens & Things. I loved it enough to get it again, LOL! The middle pillow I took to this mall kiosk, and had embroidered with our monogram.

I still have to hang burgundy curtains like the blue ones in the top pictures.

****************

I forgot to mention yesterday that for Seth's Birthday (well, for Nate's too...) we like to make a wonderfully yummy Monkey Cake. Some of you might also call it a Monkey Bread. But since It is made in a cake pan, I win. ( ;) Nate)


Monkey Cake

4 cans of refrigerator bisquits (Regular size, NOT jumbo or Grands)

3/4 cup sugar

1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup margerine

Open 2 cans of bisquits and seperate them. Cut each bisquit into 4 pieces. Shake pieces in a plastic bag containing 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Place in greased tube pan.

Repeat with 2 remaining cans of bisquits. Layer evenly.

Melt 1 stick (or 1/2 cup) margerine and stir the 1 cup sugar (and remaining cinnamon mixture) into the margerine. Pour over biscuits in pan.

Oven 350*. Bake 45 minutes. When done, remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Turn it upside down, and store in a cake taker.

****************

Speaking of recipes, I have started a a weekly recipe thread at Digi Shopt Talk. This first week is Appetizers & Beverages, so come on over and share some of your favorites!

Happy Thursday, and Happy Best night On TV!

8 comments:

Bretta said...

Your bedroom is gorgeous and I loved the photos yesterday from Seth's birthday!

Have you ever made Gorilla Bread (glorified Monkey Bread) with cream cheese in the middle of the biscuits...to die for!!! A little more time consuming, but well worth it! Recipe is here
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_25959,00.html

Anonymous said...

It turned out wonderfully. Like the colors and combination of textures.
Loved the monkey cake for birthday idea! Yummy, quick and stress free.

Anonymous said...

WOW... girl.. you did a lot.. it looks wonderful.

and the birthday pictures are so cute.. I love them.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I've always wanted to make Monkey BREAD (lol) but never got around to it. Maybe I'll do that for Andrew on his birthday this Tuesday!

Your bedroom looks beautiful!! I have a very similar King-sized bed. No canopy but I LOVE my 4 huge posters. :)

Anonymous said...

Your room looks gorgeous! I used to work at a Bombay Co. so I know how nice their stuff is up close. I always wanted to have that bed! Even with the 40% employee discount I still couldn't afford it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, the bedroom looks GORGEOUS!!! Wanna come decorate mine? :)

Anonymous said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful!!!!!! I am DYING for a ball of that monkey cake! My aunt makes it so delicious every Easter and yes, I call it cake though I have heard bread too!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Andrea - being an Aussie - I have no idea what cans of refridgerator biscuits are? Please enlighten me!!!!