Monday, September 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Sethro....

My Dearest Seth,

Today you are 2 years old.... 730 days old.....43,800 minutes old. These past two years have been such a joy. How could I have known that you would be my greatest gift? My greatest desire? My utmost instinct? I love you so much, and that truly boggles my mind too. I could never have imagined how deep, how pure, how terrifying this love could be.

Two years ago , September 25, 2004, I was admitted to the hospital. My labor had started and my water broken, you were on your way! Only nine hours of labor, and at 8:14 pm, all 7 lbs 7 oz. of you came squalling and mewling into this bright world. I couldn't help but exclaim, "Look at him! Just look at him!" the very first time I saw you. You were immediately so precious.


The first year of your life was such an adventure. Learning together is what we did. You learning to be a child.. and Mommy learning to be just that... a mommy. Watching you hit milestones and conquer difficulties was a wonder in itself. You were an over-achiever when it came to teeth... 6 teeth by the time you were 6 months old, 14 teeth by 12 months old. Moving around was also no problem to you... you took off crawling, like it was second nature and you'd been doing it all along, around 8 months. Yet at 7 and 8 months, was when you were sick, and dropped weight so fast, that you had everyone scared. It took you the few months to catch back up to other boy babies your size.

Your first birthday was bittersweet for your mommy. I honestly didn't want it to come... I dreaded you not being my "baby" anymore and entering toddlerhood. The day did indeed come, and it was just fine. You hadn't magically changed over night, and you were most definitely mommy's baby boy. We celebrated with a Luau, and with a big party with all of your family and friends.


If your first year was adventurous, I would describe your second year as humorous. This year your vocabulary exploded, and your independent nature really took off. "No," "ball," "car," "cycle," "Elmo," and "See" (sadie) are just some of the words that you have repeated over, and over, and over...... and over again. One of Mommy's favorite words of yours was cereal, which you pronounced "cerie-erie-al." It made her giggle everytime. However, there were also times when you would frustrate Mommy and Daddy. When you wanted to hit or headbutt, or throw food. When you disobeyed.... Yet there were times you would get mad at us, and it was actually funny! You would be angry, and Mommy or daddy would have to turn their head to keep you from seeing us giggle.

This second birthday is going to be more laid back. We are celebrating it with an Elmo theme, and I can't wait to see your face. I can't wait to watch you open your presents and have such a great time.

This coming third year is going to be great Seth. It already has so much in store... you are going to become a big brother! I am so excited to watch you in this new role. This is also the year that you will probably become independent of your diapers.. you are already doing so well going on the potty before bath time.

Seth, know that I love you. I love you so much my heart hurts. I love you so much that when I watch a TV show of missing or hurt children, I have to get up and check on you in your bed. Seth, I am forever "your goodnight kiss", and you are forever" my I love you."

I love you darling boy~

Mama

14 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet. My litte one is already 17 months. Time just flies by!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Seth! Time flies, doesn't it? Just wait until the baby comes, and you have two children to love, nurture and admire. Enjoy them, because they seem to grow up over night!

Carla

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Bday Seth! You are just the handsomest little bday boy I have ever seen! :) Hope you have a wonderful party and enjoy the time with friends and family!! :)

((hugs!))

~ Dani

Anonymous said...

Awww...look how much he's grown! I'm so glad that you put the baby & 1st bday pics in this post too. It's amazing how fast time flies, isn't it?!?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SETH!! Hope that your Elmo party is lots & lots of fun. Can't wait to see the pics your mommy takes!!! :)

brooke said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Seth!

Woah, you hit my "tear button" on this one. Also, inspired me to journal more. That was sweet! You are just that, a wonderful mommy. It was very fun seeing you with your family at Mahaffey. It is hard to believe how life has changed since those crazy Fant days :-)

How is Seth's bite doing? I'm sure you will post pics of his birthday. I can't wait to see them. Ellie is all about "Melmo" too.

Have so much fun today,

Brooke

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Seth! I love how you shared your memories of each year.

Emilie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emilie said...

This is so sweeeeet Andrea! Happy Birthday little Seth!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Seth!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, happy birthday Seth!!

Julie Jewels said...

Happy Birthday Seth!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Seth.... what a cute blog.. I love all the pictures.. what a cutie.

Joy

Gingersnaps said...

Aaaawh! How darling - hope your doing a page with that great entry! What a darling little boy you have - sooooo handsome!

Kelly said...

Beautiful Andrea! My little man turns 2 in November and I could have written some of that myself! Happy (belated) Birthday Seth! He is a gorgeous little guy!