Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Burns' on the OBX....

Credits: Sara Carling's Sunwashed Hideaway. Shabby Border by Shabby Princess. Font: Susie's Hand.

Journaling reads: We three love the beach so much, we look forward to it every year. This year was no exception! Three whole days on the Outer Banks! Just Heaven! Surf, sand, seafood, and shopping, what more can you ask for?

**********

Our vacation was great! We had such a great time, just getting away, and being able to relax. The weather was pretty iffy the first couple days. It was grey/ rainy and very windy. But we just did all of our shopping on Wednesday! And let me tell you.... there was some shopping to be done, LOL! We literally spent all day in shops and didn't even get to them all. We also spent a little bit of time at the Currituck Lighthouse . We didn't climb it this time though... with Seth that would have been hard.

I had a fun time getting trinkets for us all.... we each got a T-Shirt, mine long sleeved. I also picked up a sand dollar charm for my travel charm bracelet and a local artist-made pottery mug. Nate found some cool goggles to snorkle in the ocean with (he's not much on suveniers, LOL!) and we got Seth a small toy plane (for the Wright Brothers).

My favorite thing I found is really rather special. I still had a bit of Birthday money left over, and I wanted to find a unique piece of jewelry. I didn't find it until the last day we were there. And it was in our favorite restaurant that we ate at during our honeymoon. We ate at the Port O Call Restaurant again Thursday night, and there it was in the jewelry case in their showcase room.

It's called a Larimar Stone and it is only found in one square kilometer in the world, in the Dominican Republic. I foiund a very pretty ring, and it is currently getting resized, b/c they didn't have the style I liked in my size 6 ring.

Anyways... we woke up Thursday to very sunny weather, and we spent most of the day on the beach......


I had been wanting some family pictures of us on the beach, so I had packed up my tripod. If you look close, you can see the remote in my hand, LOL! :)






So there you have it.... our wonderful and too-short vacation (aren't they all that way?)

Cutie Seth Milestones: Ummm... my kid loves Queen and Kiss, LOL! Seth can sing along to the That 70's Show theme song, especially the "We're All Alright, We're All Alright!" part. And his alltime favorite song is Another One Bites The Dust by Queen. It makes him dance and clap, and he sings along to all the "Hey!"'s and such.

SO FLIPPIN CUTE!

Happy Tuesday All!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

your pictures are beautiful thanks for sharing them.

DragonFly Designs said...

Gorgeous photos Andrea and LOVE the dragonfly in your blog title!!!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos!! Glad you had fun. :)

I forgot to tell you in my e-mail- I am working on making your Chicken Tortilla Crockpot soup right now!!

Emilie said...

Your photos are gorgeous Andrea!!! TFS!!

brooke said...

Hey there! How are you doing my friend?

I love your pictures! I'm so glad you all had a fun vacation. Your family is just so cute in all of these pictures. The pictures of Seth our priceless. Beautiful pictures of you pregnant too :-)

Cory and I got married in OBX and had part of our honeymoon there and the other half in DC. These pictures bring back wonderful memories. I miss it there.

Alright, I am writing on book on your blog comments. Love ya, Brooke

Melissa said...

Your pictures are beautiful! It looks like you had a great time!

Funny about Seth and his songs! My 3 year old likes Dancing with the Stars and American Idol!

Melissa said...

Your pictures are beautiful! It looks like you had a great time!

Funny about Seth and his songs! My 3 year old likes Dancing with the Stars and American Idol!

Anonymous said...

What great photos... thank you so much for sharing. you really have an eye. I like how you did the one of all three of you.

what type of camera do you use?

Thank you.. Joy

Julie Jewels said...

I'm so glad you had such a great vacation! The pictures are just beautiful! Too funny about seeing the remote in your hand! I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise!
I can't wait to see your ring! That stone is beautiful!
And show us your travel charm bracelet too! That sounds pretty and such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

What adorable beach photos Andrea! I especially love the foot prints side by side in the sand, I have to remember that for our next trip to the ocean. I loved seeing all these pics of your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had fun, and glad you are back. I have to get on the family pictures, we're 'due' for some before the baby comes

Niecey said...

These photos are incredible!!! Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome!