Friday, September 15, 2006

Busy....

Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and encouragement! I really do appreciate them, it means alot.

I have a wedding shoot tomorrow... and honestly, I don't want to do it. I'm just not in the mood. I really don't think I am meant to be a professional photographer. I mean... I LOVE taking photos of my family, especially my son, but when it comes to other people, its kinda wierd. I get shy, and a bit nervous. I also don't like the "scheduledness" of it... I much rather prefer moments of inspiration.

So anyways, I have a wedding tomorrow. She's a friend of Nate's family, and the couple is slightly older. I have much to prepare for today... cleaning my lenses, charging my battery, formatting my cards. I also have to pack my bag, b/c we are just driving over to Ohio to spend the night tonight with Nate's parents. (This is also where the wedding is.)

Big NEWS here in the Burns house!!! Seth finally went p.e.e on the p.o.t.t.y last night! We've been putting him on right before his bath for a couple months now, but always nothing. Last night, he just let it go! You should have seen Nate and I! We were dancing and happily screaming! It excited Seth, he was laughing, and decided to let a little more out! WooHoo! I ran down and got him a piece of chocolate to reward him. I hope this is the start of something great! Who knew a little p.e.e would be so exciting?!

OK, this is short today, must get stuff rolling around here!

PS~ any of you Philippa Gregory readers... can you help me out? I don't want to read anything out of order. Can someone list me the order pretty please?

8 comments:

Boyden-Hull PTO said...

I saw your question about the Philippa Gregory novels. I *think* it goes Other Boleyn Girl, The Queen's Fool, The Virgin's Lover. Those are the only 3 I've read, though -- and I could be wrong about that. But I think that's the right order. I see a new one's coming out though . . . called The Boleyn Inheritance. Gotta go check that out . ..

Anonymous said...

Yea for Seth!!! That's so exciting!!
And I'm sure you'll be great at the wedding tomorrow! Don't be shy!!! Get in there and take some great shots! They picked the perfect photographer for their special day!

Kristin said...

Here's the order of the books, Andrea but don't worry: they're never told by the same person although it would help for a few things: Other Boleyn Girl, Queen's Fool, Virgin's Lover, Constant Princess (sort of a prequel to Other Boleyn Girl...sort of) and then the new Boleyn Inheritance which I have not yet read.

Congrats on the pee pee!

Anonymous said...

I have been lurking here for a while, but don't think I ever posted (I loved your photos on 2peas and found your blog through your posts there). Anyhow...what you wrote today about photography totally could have been me talking. I feel the same way - I love taking photos and am 100% comfortable with my family, but get totally shy when I'm with non-family. Later I end up kicking myself for not being more assertive and therefore missing a lot of good shots. I am helping at a wedding tomorrow too (the photographer is a good friend who is not only photographing the wedding, but is also IN the wedding...so I need to be backup). I am so nervous about it simply because I don't know these people. Good luck tomorrow...we'll be in the same boat so I'll be crossing my fingers that your day goes well.

PS Where in Ohio?? I live in Ohio...and I grew up in a C&MA church.

Anonymous said...

New blog reader here (thanks to Gina's link to your blog today). I totally love your LOs and found such inspiration in my short visit!!! Just wanted you to know that I agree with Gretgrrl....I lovve Phillipa Gregory's books and believe that is the correct order. I haven't read the Virgin's Lover yet though. These books were awesome, but totally not my normal style of reading so that was surprising! Anyway, just a 27 yr old SAHM from PA lurking!!

jude said...

Hi Andrea! In case you are wondering who the heck I am, I'm a Sept 04 mum, and used to post on the digi scrapping thread.

Your photography is beautiful! You have been my inspiration in getting my own love of photography up and going. I know once you get there you will relax and find your grove and come back with some awesome pics to share with us! Have fun.

I'm actually going to a wedding today as well! My Dh is the best man. I'll be taking along my Nikon D70s, and hopefully get a few nice shots. I'm not hired to do the pics tho. LOL I'll be lucky to get any, as I'll have my two dd in tow!

Anyway, how is your pg going?? Want some updates! I think you are due just a couple days after me. I'm due March 12, 07.

jude

Niecey said...

yay with the peepee potty!
Our Lana is trying to master the potty just now. She's having good days and bad days. We'll get there eventually.

I totally understand what you mean about getting shy etc with the professional photography.
I tried doing photography professionally for a while, but I found I lacked the people skills, and I just stressed so much the night before a shoot. It was too stressful for me, and I'm happier now just taking photos for friends and family, and not for profit.

Having said that, I'm sure if I had the photography skill that you have I wouldn't have been as nervous! You're awesome and I know you'll do great.

Anonymous said...

Hello,I'm from Spain and wanted to tell that I have discovered a new world because of your blog. I was looking how to "embellish" my quilter's blog when I found you & digital scrapbooking. Loved it!!! Now I'm doing tutorials as much as I can. Your designs are gorgeous. Perhaphs you cuold tell me where I could learn how to insert an image made by me on the Photoshop as you did with the one with the title ( banner?) Sorry, all about blog is new to me. I would really appreciate if you have time to answer. Thank you! Georgina