Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Day....

Today is a "work" day for Nate, but b/c the kids have off school today he is out Geo-caching with them. Its still considered a work day for him even if he's hanging out with the Youth, LOL!

Geo-caching is Nate's new obsession. Geo Cache is kinda like treasure hunting with Longitude and Latitude. People ALL Over the world go to different places and then hide stuff, whether its just a log book for you to sign, or whatnot, and then they go to this website and plug in the co-ordinates. People then (like Nate) use the co-ordinates to hunt for whatever was left behind.

Once you find it, you just sign the log book.... Boys!

Which, by the way~ he is still fighting a fever! Yesterday it was my brother-in-law's birthday, and we drove over to eat with them, and Nate ended up sleeping the whole time on the couch. Poor guy. But of course, he couldn't miss out this morning, HA!

***Did anyone see Home Makeover last night? It was filmed in Port Deposit, MD. My family lived there for 5 years, when I was in elementary school. Let me tell you... the house is just a *bit* out of place.

PAD #20

D80, 50mm, F3.2, ISO 640



My sister while at her husband's birthday party.... I have never realized that her eyes are so green, WOW!

PAD #21

D80, 50mm, F5.6, ISO 100


Just a moody one of Seth.....

Thanks for looking!! Oh and Meg... You totally made my night last night and rocked my world. THANK YOU so much for such an awesome compliment. Truly humbling!

11 comments:

Karen (lindse) said...

I have a friend who LOVES geo-caching! She visits so many wonderful places that she would never would have known existed! Fun hobby :)

Emma said...

Love the photos that you took, they are awesome.

Monique said...

Beautiful photos again! Hope the boys have fun geo-caching, sounds really fun and educational! Have a great day!

BHo said...

Lovely shots, Andrea!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, your pix are just stunning, Andrea! Love absolutely every single photo of yours, you're my photo-hero! LOL

Anonymous said...

I calls 'em as I sees 'em! :o)
Meg

Kristin said...

Nate and the Youth could look into Letterboxing too...similar to Geo-caching.

Fun stuff!

M :-) said...

Oh Andrea, your photos are SO amazing. Want to come over and give me some lessons?! ;) You are so extremely talented.

Melanie said...

Sweetie, your pics are just blowing me away!! I haven't been checking up on blogs much, so I had a lot to look at today. My gosh!!! They are fantastic!

Kelly said...

We LOVE geocaching! We do it with our youth group kids & with our own kids. I bet Seth would love it!

Funny you said that about Home Makeover. They filmed an episode here in Idaho this summer (I actually got to be one of the blue-shirted volunteers :)) about a mile from my parents house. It's completely out of place too. It's a big beautiful red house that sits in between these tiny cute little farm houses.

Unknown said...

I did watch that extreme makeover and it made me think of you and being up there for your wedding. And yes i bet it is out of place.