Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Eve....

Wedding photos done: Check
2 LO's completed: Check
Baking: In progress....


Michelle Coleman's Magic of Fall kit. 2Peas Sweet Pea font.

Journaling reads: What a glorious day we had outside in the leaves. You enjoyed yourself immensely running and jumping in the piles. Women, captivated by your charm stopped on the street to chuckle and tell me how beautiful you are. All I could do was just smile....



Amber Clegg's The Gazebo kit. Albemarle Swash, Adler, and Beyong Paradise fonts.

Journaling reads: US.... always constant, always relief, always together. There is no “home” without the other. There is comfort, always hope.. There is love, there is us.

****************

I have bunches of baking to do today. I'm making 2 loaves of Cranberry Bread, my Apple Pie, and some of my Mint Brownies. The Brownies are going to work with me to share with the staff. But in the spirit of eating and of course Thanksgiving, I wanted to leave you 3 of my favorite Holiday Recipes. These 3 are a MUST have for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I heartily recommend them.
Cranberry Nut Bread

5 c self rising flour
2 c sugar
8 T margerine
2 c milk
2 eggs
1 c chopped nuts
1 pkg cranberries, chopped

Oven 350 degrees. Mix margerine, flour, and sugar. Add milk and eggs and mix until dampened. Stir in nuts and cranberries. Turn into 2 Pam-sprayed loaf pans and bake 60-70 min.


Hot Cider

1 gallon apple cider
1/2 c packed brown sugar
4 sticks of cinnamon
2 T whole cloves
2 oranges sliced

Combine ingredients in a crockpot. Cover and heat on low 2-5 hours. Take out oranges after 2 hours or oils in the rind will make cider bitter.


Cranberry Sweet Potatoes

6 lg sweet potatoes or yams
1 ctn. cranberry orange relish
1 c raisins
1 stick softened margerine
1 c brown sugar
1 c chopped pecans

Peel sweet potatoes, cut into cubes. boil until soft, drain and mash. Add raisins and relish. Mix well and put into a large casserole dish. In a seperate bowl mix together brown sugar, margerine, and nuts. Sprinkle over top of sweet potatoes. Oven 350 degrees; bake for 30 minutes.


ENJOY! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING! We are off to my in law's tonight for Thanksgiving, so I won't be able to check in till sometime Friday afternoon... when I get up, LOL!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I love your layouts. You have a special family.

Thanks for the recipes. I'm going to make the cranberry bread.

Betsy

Stephanie said...

Love those LOs!! I went over to Scrap Artist to find that Michelle Coleman kit, but can't find it. Am I blind?

Have fun with at the family festivities! :)

Mrs. Burns said...

Stephanie~ I linked the kit, but you can also find it here~

http://www.scrapartist.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=588

and the elements here~

http://www.scrapartist.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=590

HTH!

Anonymous said...

Andrea~Gorgeous layouts! Those kits are beautiful, too. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and don't work too hard. Those hours are awful, even when not pregnant.

Carla

Laura said...

Happy thanksgiving andrea!

the LOs are gorgeous!

Theresa said...

Happy thanksgiving, Andrea! Dinner sounds yummy at your house!

Kimberly said...

Great lo's.

I was doing digital scrapbooking for awhile, but it's been quite some time since I've scrapped anything.