Thursday, November 09, 2006

P-Time is Approaching....

I have lots to do today.... I have to run and get my shower soon, because my 21 week OB appointment is at 12:50. When I come home (Nate will be here) we are deep cleaning the house. (trust me... it needs it!)

This week at our church it is Missions Conference Week. We have 2 missionaries coming to dinner tonight, so I have to get cooking about 4:30 so that we are eating by 5:30, because there is a special service tonight at 7. PHEW! I am making a salad, and having my famous Hawaiian Sweet & Sour Chicken, served with rice and hawaiian sweet rolls. Pecan Pie is for desert.


****************

Last night we ran to Walmart for a few things. While there I picked up some Spiderman u.nd.i.e.s for Seth! He didn't really seem that impressed, but I guess we'll start some intensive training in the next couple weeks. I am fairly scared. But as I told Nate last night, "this has to happen sometime or another." I figure we'll do the straight on approach of only in u.n.d.i.e.s and on the p.o.t.t.y every 20-30 min or so. I think I'd better pick up some new special p-time books and toys too.

Any tips from you seasoned and experienced mommies?


****************

Available now at the Digi Chick~ Tis The Season



Tis the Season is the perfect digital kit for all of your holiday scrapping needs. Whether you are preserving Holiday Memories or creating your anticipated Christmas Card, this kit has everything you need. It is chock full of Christmas cheer and Holiday shine!

Included in Tis the Season are 8 shabby and worn textured papers, 4 ornaments, 3 glitter word art, 3 ribbons, 3 tied bows, 3 sets of stitching, 3 tags, 1 glitter holly, and 1 flower. Also included is a full glittered alpha, numeral, and symbol set.

You can get Tis The Season HERE (click me).

AND! It's 20% today until midnigt CST. So act fast!

Happy Thursday all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am not sure I can be of any help..but with my sone Halston, I asked him all the time. I only used pullups at night..and I cut his drinks back in the evenings. I did buy him a potty book (the little boy one) and talked about how the little boy is a big boy...yada yada..He finally got the hang of it ..and he is doing great. He doesnt even pee the bed and he is underwears. I will tell you, it is frusterating..i have to say that it is the hardest milestone (in my opinion)..you being female and him being male..but, he will get it. Just think, when your little guy comes around your "big boy" will not be in diapers!!! That means not having to buy for 2!! :) Hang in there..and he will be fine. Oh, and get some treats..I used the gerber gummies and emptied in a jar..and left them by the potty..so when he saw them, he knew if he pottied hed get them..And I even rewarded Halston if he attempted to sit..that is the first step!!! :) good luck!
-tori

Anonymous said...

Love this kit! That would be perfect for Christmas cards!!
And I can't give you any other advice on potty training. You're doing everything that I did with Jack. Just pay attention to how Seth responds- for Jack, bribery worked, because that boy could sit in wet underwear for hours and not even get phased by it! He had his own timing. So if Seth doesn't respond well right away, give him a little while. When kids are ready, there's no stopping him. If they're forced, it's a pain for Mommy and takes a lot longer. Good luck!
(and I'm making the Pumpkin, Sage, & Sausage pasta again this evening- I'm telling ya, you've gotta try it! It's delish!!)

Angelina Schwarz said...

GREAT kit, Andrea!

As far as the potty training goes. The only thing I really learned with potty training is to be encouraging, give them opportunities, but let them "own" it. Just keep your sense of humor. He won't graduate in diapers. (How's that for a cliche? Heehee!)