Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sit and Stand Stroller Review....

Morning Friends!

Last night Nate, Seth and I headed to Babie's R Us and Target and test drove a couple Sit & Stand strollers. While we were at BRU, we were browsing through some of the toys and came across the Bob the Builder Workshop... a toy that retails for $35, but was on clearance for $7!!
We could not pass that deal up, so we just got Seth his first Christmas present last night. He LOVES "Bob Builder" and I think I need to pick up a couple of the roller/tracter/4 wheeler 's to go with it. In fact Bob helped Seth to say his first complete sentence..."Can we build it?" "Yu-ess EE cannn!"

So like I said, we went to Babies R Us and Target to test drive some Sit and Stand Strollers. We really think that this kind of stroller will be best for our family because Seth is starting to want to walk more and be a bit independant. But this also gives him the option of riding along as well.

We looked at the Fisher Price Stand 'n Ride Duo Stroller at BRU~

This one was the bulkiest of the 3 we looked at. It did not fold compactly. The seat in front was nice, but the jump seat in back was plain plastic, and must be hard on little tushes. It also hasn't gotten many good reviews.

We looked at the Baby Trend Sit-n-Stand Stroller at Target~


This stroller was pretty good for the money. It is $30 cheaper than the Joovy. It also comes with a nice parent tray and a bigger basket underneath. BUT it still didn't fold as compactly, and seemed a tiny bit heavier. Also, I wasn't crazy about the cloth pattern. This comes in a close second. It manuvers just fine.

We are most likely getting the Caboose Joovy at BRU~

This was the lightest and it folded most compactly. The seat in the back has a bit of padding and the bars that Seth would hold onto is padded. It wasn't too long, and it manuvers great. I wish the basket were a tiny bit bigger, but that is maneageable. It has gotten lots of great reviews. As for a parent cupholder, we haven't had one on Seth's chicco stroller, so we don't really need one. BUT, I do think I am going to order the one that is offered~ Cupholder. You can also get a rain cover... again something we don't need, but if you want it, it is available~ Raincover.

AND, if you don't care for the red joovy that BRU carries, you can order it in black, blue, or orange HERE.

And that my friends, are my 2 cents!

We ate dinner at a Smoky Bones, the closest thing to good BarbBQue up here. My Brusnwick Stew was really good... but not later when I was burping it up! Ewww....

9 comments:

scrapperjen said...

Awesome deal on the toy!!!!! YEA!!!
As far as the stroller - I don't have any input but wish you luck with that.

Theresa said...

Score on the BTB set! And it's too cute! My boys would love that! My have to make a trip to BRU...

Anonymous said...

Hi!
My oldest was 3 when the baby was born and I got the BabyTrend Stroller from BRU as a gift - the sit and stand one that offers the tray in the front, but also offers a 'bar' that will hold the baby carseat/carrier that the new baby is in most of the time. That was really nice because for the first 6 months the baby is in that car seat/carrier thing and the big girl could stand on the back. Once they are not riding in the carrier anymore you put the regular tray on the front seat and it works like a regular stroller.
BUT - this is my own opinion, of course - like almost all baby things - this stroller is short lived. Before long the oldest really doesn't want to ride on the stroller and because the younger one sees the older one walking - that one wants to walk too.....We may have used the stoller for like a year before NOBODY wanted to ride in it!
And because I am long winded - I have this long-standing problem with stroller shopping anyway. After that we spent $300 on a double jog stroller to take on a vacation and now we hardly every use that one either!! With a 5 and 2 year old now I am NEVER buying another stroller again - hallelujah!
I wish you the best on your shopping and am so thrilled that you are having another boy - two of the same sex can be SO much fun! And all those clothes you get to use again - think of all the money you are saving!

jen - jlowe@cablespeed.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea! You need to come to Kansas City for some world famous BBQ!
Glad you are so excited about the stroller and SCORE on the toy for Seth! Isn't it fun to buy toys? :)

Kristin said...

Does an infant carrier attach to any of those? We are thinking of a double stroller too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea! Fellow Sep 04 mommy here. I always enjoy reading your blog. Great info on the strollers. I hope to get pregnant soon and hope to use your stroller research. Thanks!
Kerstin (kspangner@hotmail.com)

Kimberly said...

I wish I had gotten a stroller like that when my 2nd was born. Instead we got a double stroller (seats). It was a pain to steer, and didn't fold up well. We hardly ever used it.

We either took two strollers, or my oldest walked. She was 2.5 when my son was born.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a lurker on your blog but thought I'd come out of hiding for this post. I have 2 boys, Josh (almost 3) and Ben (almost 6 mo. We have the Caboose by Joovy and LOVE it. I'm pretty sure any infant carrier will wrok, it has straps that allow you to secure the seat. And my oldest loves it. It is lightweight and folds up nicely. I only have 2 neg things to say about it and that's: 1. the basket isn't big enough for our diaper bag. I usually have to be creative and hang it from the carrier which works. 2. the wheels can sometimes get stuck if there is a gap in the sidewalk or a little lift in cement so if you plan on walking a lot with it, be sure to watch where your going or you might just come to an quick stop. It really needs all-terrain wheels. My hubby wants to modify ours.
Good Luck!!

M.Mehedi said...

Thanks for the reviews. A Nice article indeed. It is useful to me and others. Please just keep it.