Monday, July 10, 2006

Time, after Time, after Time.....

Nate has only been gone for 2.5 days, and I already feel that time is stretching on beyond an endless sea of mindless insanity. Help me now... there are 6 days to go.

And what is worng with me this month? It is day 10 of July, and I don't have any new products! I have a couple ideas, I even have a few things started. But I just can't find the motivation, nor the drive, to just sit and do anything. When I knew Nate was leaving, I thought, Awesome! I'll be able to get more work done!

Nope, not the case. I find myself refreshing forum boards over and over. (sigh) I have to get a few things done. I must.

Today I am taking Seth to the park as usual. I put him in the jogging stroller, and I walk 2 miles around the wooded outdoor course. Then we head to the playground to play for 20-30 min. or so. So whenever you hear me say, "we're going to the park" that is the plan. A bit o' excersize, a bit o' play.

Thankfully, we have also been invited to dinner at a churchmember's house tonight.

I've talked to Nate a couple times already, and he and the group have gotten to New Orleans just fine. It took about 18 hours drive in a full van. Today they start work on clearing out a house.

I think Seth also realizes Nate is gone, and is missing him. He fluctuates from being extra cuddley to difficult to deal with.

I am having issues with my neighbor. Well, specifically, my neighbor's children. Regretfully, we share part of a driveway. Her kids are forever leaving stuff in our part, and in the part we share. Yesterday, it was constant me telling them to move something, or me telling them not to build a ramp on my side. What happened to good sense and respect? This neighborhood doesn't have very much. Kids are forever playing in other people's yards, even when they aren't home! It just boggles my mind.

9 comments:

Serena said...

Keep your chin up Andrea. I know what it's like to have hubby gone although mine disappears for months at a time with no contact whatsoever. Mom's can do anything!!! The designing will come and you know it will be fabulous as always. No suggestions on the neighbors, sorry.

Anonymous said...

I was always taught that you weren't to go into someone elses yard or whatever until you were asked. So we just didn't do it. I thought that was just something that everyone knew. I don't want my kids being the annoying little neighbor kids who don't listen when they are asked to not do something.
I hope that you can do some creating and designing while Nate is away. I know what you mean when it feels like it's never ending time when the husband is away! You can always come visit me! I am sure Tyler and Seth could find something to get into! Like toothpaste! :) lol

Stephanie said...

I am exactly the same way! When DH is out of town I always think I'll get a ton of scrapping done and instead I sit on the forums way too long. ;) Maybe it is because you crave some kind of adult "conversation" while he is away. I'm sure you'll get your designer groove back anytime now. ;)

Good luck with the neighbors. I've just starting praying that I get less irritated by mine because I know they aren't going to be the ones to change. ;)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

With the neighbors I say if they're not hurting anything or in your way,let them play. Sure it's annoying but if you've asked them and asked their parents to help out there's not much you can do. As the saying goes - "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Another suggestion, take your little guy out and play with them. They sound like they're older kids so they might respond better to someone who shows them a little love.
Just a thought...:)

Mrs. Burns said...

Oh, don't get me wrong, we play with the kids next door. Its just, I can just see some kid breaking their arm on the ramp they built in our driveway, and then them suing us.... And it wouldn't bother me if this was a once in a while thing. Its an eeryday occurnace that I'm getting out of my car to move a bike. Just annoying.

:)

Mrs. Burns said...

man! I can't spell today!

*Everyday Occurance*

Anonymous said...

Grrrr...it's annoying when it's your next door neighbors who are being a pain! You still have to live next to them, so you can't just unleash your wrath upon their children...*sigh* (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time when dh is gone for work too. Hangin there!! :)

Tara said...

heres hoping you get your creative juices flowing soon! i cant wait to see some new kits from you!