Monday, July 17, 2006

Bliss.....

Nate is home....
.........and all is so well!


I actually missed the reunion between Nate and Seth. The van load of 3 adults and 7 teens actually pulled in right before church was letting out. Seth was down in the 2 yr old Sunday School class, and the woman in charge that day had a daughter also on the trip so they all went up to meet them as they came in. All the rest of us were still in the sanctuary . When it was done we went out to meet tham, and there was Seth clinging to Nate's legs.

Awesome.

My heart was filled. My family back together again.

We spent the whole afternoon just the 3 of us on the couch watching a movie and cuddling. Good stuff. We saw Annapolis, a new DVD release about the Naval Academy. I grew up in Queen Anne's Co. Maryland, which is right across the Bay, right across the bridge from Annapolis and the Academy. Now, I've never actually been inside the Academy, but you always see midshipmen in uniform at the Annapolis mall, or downtown. Very common sight.

Anyways, I guess the movie was OK. If you like boxing, there is some of that in there. I was just hoping to see more of my hometown sights in the mobie, but 95% of it takes place behind Academy walls.

Nate keeps asking me what I want to do today.... I think I am going to tell him a trip to the mall and a nice dinner! LOL! I need some new u.n.d.e.r.o.o.s for myself (OK, I don't really need, but want, LOL) and some peanut butter pie is calling my name at The Log Cabin restaurant.

Now that Nate is back, I can also concentrate on getting something done this week. I have unintentionally taken most of this month off, which has been good for me/ bad for me. I have loved the break... but also been frustrated with the break... does that make sense? I even have a new scrap page half done....

Be sure to come back tomorrow! I am going to post some of Nate's pictures from the trip so you guys can get a firsthand update of what Nate and the crew did, and what New Orleans looks like after 11 months.

*Ciao Bellas*

9 comments:

~Melissa~ said...

What a sweet photo! Something to scrap for sure! :)
Glad Nate's home and cannot wait to see the pictures! Enjoy being a family.

Emilie said...

This photo is too cute!! Can't wait to see the other pictures! See you soon!

Michelle said...

Glad he's home safe! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! for our families.

Anonymous said...

awww i love that picture, i am so glad he's home safe and sound :)

Anonymous said...

Glad Nate's home!
About the movie Annapolis...it was filmed in Philadelphia and you can tell they didn't really care about being authentic, cause there is no shipyard near the Academy, lol. The movie has been banned in our house for these reasons, so I haven't actually seen it and can't comment on whether or not it was good!
Sorry to vent!
Cute pic by the way!

Angelina Schwarz said...

Andrea, that's the sweetest photo, especially knowing the circumstances of it! I'm so glad all are home and well and can't wait to see Nate's pics.

BTW, if I ever run into Nate at Giant Eagle, he's really going to wonder who the insane lady who "knows" him is!! ROFLOL!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo Andrea! I'm glad that Nate is home and your family is all together again! I'm gonna try that scone recipe, it sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

Glad he got home safe and that your family is together again. Those pictures are horrific. The only way DH & I can help is to pray. But, that's okay too.