Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mailed Out....

I guess the news has leaked out faster than we thought... my other "bad news" from yesterday is that the founding editor of Digital Memories Magazine is looking to sell the publication. And if she can't... well it'll close shop. How terrible! I was so disappointed to get the news, b/c I LOVED working on it's Creative Team. We all got along so well, and I truly believe that its the best publication for digital scrapbooking out there. We had dreams of it being a paper magazine... so my fingers are crossed that someone decides to buy it and take control.

Well, I did it.

My Memory Makers Masters Competition Layouts are in the mail. What have I done? Ack! I have this love/hate relationship with these LO's right now. I look at them and feel such pride. They are my best work. Then, my brain flips. These are terrible! They'll never win anything! There should be more journaling on this one... oh gosh! More drop shadow on that element on that one.

They require 12x12's sent in... and now I know why! Its b/c you'll need all the room on the back to attatch everything they require! Their idea form with the story behind the LO, your name and addy. The model release form, certifying that YOU were the photog. Signed release for publication. The list of materials. My word, all those things took up 90% of the back of the 12x12's and I trimmed the papers down!

Now I just wait. 2 months. September 8. Oh my word... I just realized that I'll be at the beach, and I gave them my home number and not my cell.

Like I'm even going to win. Puh-leaze.


Ha! Look who got tired of waiting for Mama to take him to the park. I love those gentle snores....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is adorable. And, I am sure your layouts are fubulous! :) Good luck!

Kristin said...

Andrea, that is the sweetest picture. Did you ever end up taking any of those Father/Son ones you were dreaming up?

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY! I'm sure you WIL win SOMETHING! You are THAT good! And how sweet is that picture! Does he do that often?! So darn cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about DMM. I love that magazine! Good luck with the contest. I'm sure you'll win!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Andrea! Just saw both of your not-so-happy posts. What horrible news all around. I hope that things work out with DMM. I'll really miss it if it goes away! As for your friend, I just couldn't even imagine. Hopefully she can stay strong and try again after her heart heals a little. Oh, how sad...my heart aches just thinking about it.

On a lighter note, glad to hear you're having fun with your girlie movies and dinners! That picture of little Seth is just too cute!!!

Julie Jewels said...

I'm sending you all the positive thoughts I can muster for your MMM entries!! Just forward your home phone to your cell while you're gone!
Oh! That picture is beyond cute!!

Anonymous said...

at first, when you said I did it, I thought you meant you bought the mag and I said WOOHOO!!!!!! heheh Well I'm still pumped to hear you got your masters application in - I bet you will rock it! I hope they pick tons of digi gals like CK did. How awesome that would be. That pic of your son with the pup is the cutest thing i've ever seen - tfs!

Kimberlee said...

What a precious photo!

I'm sure you will do well in the Masters. :) You rock, chick!

-Scrapsandsass