Saturday, July 15, 2006

Scones...

It is only 10:30 am and I am alreayd so tired. I just want to go to sleep. I am physically and emotionally just worn out. This week has been so long, and Seth has been so busy. Nate coming home tomorrow couldn't get here fast enough.

Kudos to you single moms or to the moms where husbands are often away for long periods of time. I couldn't do it. I don't know how you do it. I applaud you and your strength.

Thanks to those of you who sent me PM's asking how I or Nate were doing. I really appreciate it! Thnk You especially to Angelina who came and met me for lunch yesterday. Seth showed some of his bravery yesterday when he crawled all through a 2 story indoor playground at McDonalds without incident... and thanks to Ange's oldest son for being right behind him the whole way.

I made some delicious scones, and I'd like to share the recipe!

Apple & Pear Scones

2 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 1 TBS granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter or margerine
1/2 cup diced Golden Delicious apple
1/2 cup diced Bosc pear
2/3 cup buttermilk

1. Preheat oven to 375* F. In bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1/4 cup gran. sugar, and brown sugar. With pastry blender cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in fruit. Stir in buttermilk just until dough holds together.

2. Transfer dough to ungreased cookie sheet. Shape into 9-inch round. With floured knife, cut round into 8 wedges; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Seperate wedges, allowing 1/2 inch in between each, on cookie sheet.

3. Bake 22 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Plans for today? Nothing. Nada. Not going insane. Ok, one plan. Clean house during Seth's nap, so its nice for Daddy.

So sorry for such a boring blog week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm...those scones sound delish!! So glad Nate is coming home tomorrow. Matt is gone for four days at a time every two weeks and it is so hard. I hope today goes by quickly!!

Anonymous said...

Those sound so yummy! You always have the best recipes, now I just actually have to try them! :)
Hope that Nate gets here quickly for you! :) I am sure that you are beat!

Lacey said...

((HUGS)) Andrea!

We get through it the same way you have:-)

Julie Jewels said...

*hugs* Andrea! It is hard! I don't know if it's harder when they're smaller or older and always go, go, go! My DH is gone 2-3 weeks out of the month so I feel for you!
Your scones sound delish!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Andrea...I have not been lurking on the Sep baby board and was there this morning and saw your signature!

Kara